Circle, spline

• Hi,

I wanted to use the movC instruction to make a circle, so I did it as below but the transition from p4 to p5 made me a straight line?

what happens when i make a wheel and give a lot of movc points? the circle will cease to be perfect? the segments between the points should be equal?

with curve and using movS should the line segments between points be equal?

• What do you have after P5? With only those points, it should not make a straight line between P4 ja P5. But if theres another circle with MOVCs after P5 and the two circles form a figure 8, then it will do a straight line from P4 to P5 unless you put a MOVL in between the two circles. The MOVL can be stored at the exact same position as the end point of the first circle (P5) and the starting point of the second circle so there would be MOVC, MOVL, MOVC stored at the same position.

So in this example - if these points are all MOVCs, then it will make a straight line from P4 to P5, because if there are more than 3 MOVC points in a row, the robot will consider the current position + the next 2 MOVC positions when calculating it's path. But P4 together with P5 and P6 form a straight line. Now when the robot reaches P5 then in considers that and the following 2 MOVC positions and because those don't form a straight line, it will continiue to make a circle.

Now to make a figure 8, one has to put MOVC, MOVL and another MOVC into the P5 position, that will make the robot not consider P4, P5 and P6 to be a straight line.

• What do you have after P5? With only those points, it should not make a straight line between P4 ja P5. But if theres another circle with MOVCs after P5 and the two circles form a figure 8, then it will do a straight line from P4 to P5 unless you put a MOVL in between the two circles. The MOVL can be stored at the exact same position as the end point of the first circle (P5) and the starting point of the second circle so there would be MOVC, MOVL, MOVC stored at the same position.

So in this example - if these points are all MOVCs, then it will make a straight line from P4 to P5, because if there are more than 3 MOVC points in a row, the robot will consider the current position + the next 2 MOVC positions when calculating it's path. But P4 together with P5 and P6 form a straight line. Now when the robot reaches P5 then in considers that and the following 2 MOVC positions and because those don't form a straight line, it will continiue to make a circle.

Now to make a figure 8, one has to put MOVC, MOVL and another MOVC into the P5 position, that will make the robot not consider P4, P5 and P6 to be a straight line.

Use the FPT tag at point 5. This tells the robot a "new" circle in a different direction is to be executed from that point. The robot then looks ahead in the job and calculates it must complete the movement from P4 to P5 in circular interpolation and P5 to P6 and onwards also as circular. This removes then need for a MOVL (and the potential slowdown at that repeated point).

Advertising from our partners