Robot Shibaura TV1000H - Calculate the coordinates of the new TCP

• Hello, I have a Shibaura TV1000H Robot, and I need to calculate the new coordinates of the tool. I can't find the procedure from the Robot controller. Is it possible to perform this calculation with an Excel spreadsheet, or with some program? I've searched but haven't found how to do it.

Put to obtain the 4 points in the Robot with the following structure of coordinates:

Robot coordinates: X, Y, Z, A, B, C

The Robot controller allows me a new definition of tools.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you so much!

• HawkME

Approved the thread.
  • when teaching tool, one is recording flange position. with 4 such points one can compute TCP. basically 4 points are on the sphere and what you are looking for is center of the sphere.

this can be done in different ways, for example:

Equation of the sphere that passes through 4 points
    Write he equation of the sphere that passes through points $$a(-5,4,1),b(3,4,-5),c(0,0,4),d(0,0,0)$$ I tried to use four points to draw a geometric shape and…
    math.stackexchange.com

note. that determines only part of the tool info (XYZ).

you still need to determine angles (ABC).

another option is to use some CAD software and create model of the tool (SolidWorks or whatever). then one can let that software generate report and from there one can extract info that corresponds to tool data

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners