Multipass welding in Yaskawa YRC100

• Hello folks,

I am new to robot programming. I am trying to do multipass welding for which I have made a 'Job1' single-pass programme and I am calling Job1 in a For loop in another Job. However,after every pass, there should be an offset in Z-axis for the next pass. How do I do it? Is there an incremental mode option like the one we have in CNC, to set the last position of the robot as the new origin?

Thank you.

• MOM

Approved the thread.
  • For the multi pass in welding, there are a function in Yaskawa, that is multilayer.

It need a hardware board and active some functions in the robot.

You can use easy way too. Use shift instruction, SFTON instruction use for shift all Mov instructions in any direction that you need.

For example:

NOP

SFTON P000 //set only z value ex. Z=20.000

MOVL V=100

MOVL V=100

SFTOF

END

In this example all MOVL between SFTON and SFTOF will shift amount 20 mm in Z direction.

• Thanks for the reply TSGIR .

I tried your suggestion. I made two jobs, JOB1 and JOB2. JOB1 consists of the path with shift instruction at the end, as shown below:

---job1-----------it is the torch cycle (path)-----

NOP

MOVL V=50

MOVL V=50

MOVL V=50

MOVL V=50

SFTON P000

END

----------------------

and I am calling job1 in job2 as shown below:

----job2------to repeate the torch path---

NOP

FOR I000 = 1 TO 5

CALL JOB:JOB1

NEXT I000

END

-------------------

but, the problem is once the cycle is complet the shift happens only ones. I want the shift at the end of each cycle.

Please advise.

• You need to add the value of shift after each cycle to P000. Example you need each cycle the Z value increase 20 mm, the start job zero P000 , define other P001 position and only give Z value to it.

After run each cycle in FOR, Add two position.

ADD P000 P001

At first cycle the shift value is 0

At second cycle the shift value is 20 mm

At 3rd cycle the shift value is 40 mm

At 4rd cycle the shift value is 60 mm

At 5rd cycle the shift value is 80 mm

Advertising from our partners