Tiny Industrial robots

• Are there any tiny industrial robots like this size? Thinner/lighter is better but more importantly FASTER.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Maybe wafer-handling robots from the semiconductor industry? Whatever you're looking for is going to be a very niche product. In industrial robotics, most of the high-speed/low-payload work is dominated by Delta robots like the ABB FlexPicker.

• Those are all nice robots. Each has something nice about it. Wafer robots are also an idea like brooks automation cobot style. A fast industrial lightweight cobot is what I'm after.

Would it be cheaper to build a custom robot based off the ultraarm design but using faster nema motors? The parts look so simple it could be 3d printed but my main issue is speed. How many motors does it have? 3?

• A fast industrial lightweight cobot is what I'm after.

Probably not possible. One of the defining characteristics of a Cobot is low speed, because even for a small robot, inertia can still be injurious (or even lethal). If you want really high speed (you keep saying "fast", but not defining any usable numbers), you're probably only going to get that from a standard non-Collaborative robot.

• This comes close, still wishing for smaller and cheaper (ABB is synonymous with rip off to me). It still weighs 29lbs.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

specs

I may get the Dorna 2 as it weighs 8lbs and ~90% cheaper. Any thoughts?

• it is only 5 axis but it does look interesting, have not seen programming language. interfacing seem to be limited to built in 16+16 IO and raw TCP - there is no mention of any fieldbus. structure is built from parallel flat sheets which makes easy access to the inside but this also has limited structural integrity. since arm is low power it is unlikely to self destruct but things are different if someone bumps into it - the flat sheets are easy to bend so at the very least accuracy would be gone.

but although arm itself is not powerful (and therefore not really dangerous), the construction was gears and pulleys exposed and that would make them a hazard to not careful finger. interesting thing is that distance is measured in inches.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I read the article you posted, and I agree with all of their reasoning for their size of robot. The stepper motors they use pack a lot of punch for their size, but aren't really a good use for industrial sized robots. for larger robots, you want absolutely no backlash, as that puts the weight of the robot on the motors and it introduces a lot more stress. The stepper motors in their robots will not really care about that because the weight of the robot is so low.

Advertising from our partners