S4C IRB6400 Randomly Restarting

• I have a an irb6400 here that's to be used as part of a welding setup. I had this exact robot setup down at our factory and it worked fine with no problems. I have now moved the robot down to our customers site and am in the process of programming it. However it is randomly restarting Its done it 6 times today alone.

Anyone any idea what would be causing this?

• The power outlet for this robot was only installed last week and there is another smaller IRB2400L beside it on a different Isolator that is not doing this.

The factory also has multiple manual welding machines running constant.

The robot appears to be warm restarting, do you think this could still be power related?

• I would look for loose wiring in the cabinet, make sure that boards are seated properly, stuff can get jarred during shipping. Check power supply voltages.

When you check the DC voltages, switch meter to AC and verify the AC component of your DC voltages are below 30mV. S4C/S4C+ power supply filtering diminishes with age.

Have you tried moving and jostling everything to induce the restart?

Does this happen when motor power comes on or when moving the robot?

• I have tried jostling all exterior cables to try induce a restart to no avail. I will try some of the interior parts to check them.

I have measured the ac voltage on the 24vdc output and I am getting around 1v as soon as i connect the meter, however this steadily but slowly drops down below 0.15v.

It happens both when the robot is moving and when sitting stationary with motors off.

• I have measured the ac voltage on the 24vdc output and I am getting around 1v as soon as i connect the meter, however this steadily but slowly drops down below 0.15v.

It should be under 30mV. What brand meter and what location are you measuring the 24V? What model year S4C controller? If not sure on the model year - what power supply - DSQC374 or DSQC365?

Advertising from our partners