Still can't use I/O on CRX-10iA

• Hello

A while back I made a post about using the digital I/O on a CRX-10iA (R-30iB mini Plus controller, Tablet TP), because I simply don't know how it works. I said it in the first post but I'll say it again, I am very much a beginner on Fanuc robots, but have some experience with Universal robots.

Since my first post, I've learned a little bit about what I'm actually looking at but have made basically zero progress on getting it to actually work. What I have learned is that the I/O board I'm trying to use is called a Terminal conversion module (A05B-2695-K160), and that apparently having DO[101-112] configured to rack 48 is correct, and in the config menu the only valid slot number is 1.

As per my first post, The wire from The output of the CRX goes directly to a DI on a universal robot, and they share a 0V. This is just a temporary configuration, and as soon as I got the first wire to work I intended to add more for more functionality, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Although, I did change the DO over to DO02 on CRMC20 of the conversion module, as one of the pdfs I received from fanuc support stated that DO01 is meant for power supply to the intended peripheral device, and the UR has its own power (obviously).

Again, I still have not gotten it to work. Like I said, I've been in contact with FANUC support, and basically the only help I received was a couple pdfs that helped a little but not enough and the recommendation to "set it to rack 48" (paraphrasing but that's the jist). I decided to make another post to give an update and because I am at a loss for ideas and haven't gotten any activity on my previous one for a while now. I thought just turning on a digital output would have been a simple task, but I have been completely unable to do so.

Any help is greatly appreciated

• Nation

Approved the thread.
  • Did you also connect DOSRC1 and 2 to 24V? This is for the output drivers. Also check if 0V and SDICOM1 and 2 are connected to 0V.

Read the maintenance manual of the R-30iB Mini Plus controller for detailed information about the terminal conversion module. There you will also find a wiring diagram.

• Did you also connect DOSRC1 and 2 to 24V? This is for the output drivers. Also check if 0V and SDICOM1 and 2 are connected to 0V.

These steps were exactly what I was missing. I had assumed that the board received power through the JRM18/19 connector (similar to how Universal Robots' I/O board gets its power from the control box) and therefore thought I was having a software issue.

But, I connected both of the DOSRC1 ports on CRMC20 to two positive terminals of an external 24VDC power supply, and both SDICOM ports on CRMC24 to the negative terminals (on the board itself the "S" isn't there, but they're in the same spot), and everything appears to be working perfectly.

Thank you very much. I'll go add a reply to my first post to say that the issue has been solved and to redirect any future users with the same problem here.

• For More Information on this you can check the Manual B-84175EN/04

It explains how to use either Internal or external Power Supplies to power Digital Output Signals, as they do not get Power by default as you explained.

Advertising from our partners