Add 7th axes handlingpro for conveyor

• I'm currently trying to reproduce my robotic cell in handlingPro, but I have difficulty to add a 7th axis for a conveyor.

I'm not trying to reproduce exactly the cell because our 7th axes is control by a xtradive drive and rs232 communication with a program in karel and I know it's not the best practice, but the cell was made by teachers 8 years ago and since I inherited the project (and no one can help from who created the cell) and we are a non-profit organization, it's not an option to buy motion group or extended axis with the actual robot right now. The goal here is only to reproduce the behaviour and communicate with the PLC and the simulation (already found the solution) for generating data for research purposes.

The robot is a LR Mate 200iC/5L.

I added this option in the robot serialization:

- Multi-Group Motion (J601)

- Extended Axis Control (J518)

I tried to follow these 2 videos:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The problem is that I don't have general positioner (like video 1) when I try to configure the robot in Additional Motion Groups (but there is an Independent Axes (H895))

The second problem is that I don't have Rail unit creator in Tools (like in video 2).

I know that I can configure a motor in controlled start, and I tried it. A motor was added in group 2, and I could control it in the teach pendent, but the robot was not moving and I'm not sure if the configuration was right.

The current conveyor motor specs are:

PN: SGMAH-04AAF41

W: 400

V: 200

A: 2.8

NM: 1.27

r/min: 3000

Ins. B

There is another simulation that as be done by a teacher with Anylogic if you want to see how it works: https://cloud.anylogic.com/mod…5ff63c9fdcc?mode=SETTINGS

• MOM

Approved the thread.
  • So I finally found that the one I was looking for was a Basic Positioner, Order Number H896 in the Virtual Robot Edit Wizard. Then, you have to configure it as a linear axis in controlled start and there is a bunch more thing to configure (don't really care, just wanted the robot to move on a linear axe with a specific speed and from 0 to 2000 mm).

Then, when you restart in cold start, in the tree at the left, there's a new machine added and by left-clicking on the last joint of this new machine, you have the option to attach your robot to it.

It's probably a thing you get in Fanuc formation, but I did not receive it. I feel like all documentations should be free and accessible, I come from a developer background and I can normally found everything on the internet :upside_down_face:.

• Hi Alexandre,

I am back in the forum after long time absence (too busy).

Are you located in province of Quebec (i am).

I already use some robots on linear and rotational (as 7th axis in group 1).

If it starts well the first time, you have not checked all !

Advertising from our partners