Can't change user frame for motion instruction

• Hi everyone,

I'm a newby and have had fun setting up my first robot, Fanuc M-16i with an R-J3.

I've got the robot moving, setup user and tool frames (with limited accuracy for now) and some IO.

I'm attempting to modify a program to use my new PICK user frame, but I'm having some trouble.

I've tried changing the user frame using SHIFT+COORD then doing a touchup on the motion instruction. Then if I highlight the position number and press F5 POSITION it always says "UF:0".

I've tried this with the tool frame and had no troubles.

Any help would be a life saver! Thanks!

• Fubini

Approved the thread.
  • for RJ3 you should have User Frame Input option enabled in the software. Thought it shows user frames in setup, but you can't access those in programs if you dont have the option installed in software

• Hi PnsStarter,

Sorry I forgot to mention I saw this in another post but I don't have that variable 😞

for RJ3 you should have User Frame Input option enabled in the software. Thought it shows user frames in setup, but you can't access those in programs if you dont have the option installed in software

Hi Pravin, do you know how to install the option?

Thanks guys!

• Hi, sorry for the second post, I couldn't work out how to edit my previous one.

Just an update,

If I run the motion instruction (world frame), then change my current user frame to 1, record the position in a Position Register, then modify the instruction to PR[1], it works fine. So it's using the current user frame for PR recording, but not for program Position touch ups.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• It is not fully clear for me what you have done and the way you have done it.

Could you send the .TP or Text file from your .TP (including /POS) ?

If it starts well the first time, you have not checked all !

• It sounds like originally you had program points (J P[1] 100% CNT50). Whatever frame they were taught in is their frame, and you have to reteach them to change the User frame. I like to use Points for critical positions, because they can't be touched up in the wrong user frame (unless you answer the questions)

PR's are Global and don't care what frame it is. You can change the frame at anytime

Advertising from our partners