KRC4 Robots not allowing file sharing

• Hello, I have 150 kuka robots that are on my network. On 120 of these robots, I can type in the address in windows explorer and access the files. For example I type in '\\10.80.200.200\d\projectbackup' and it will bring up the files where I can copy out the backups remotely (after logging in). On 30 of these robots, this type of connection doesn't work. It comes back with telling me the folder doesn't exist. I can even go up a folder to just /d and it does the same. These problem robots, I can ping them, I can RDP into them, I can connect to them in WorkVisual, but they just refuse to file share. These 150 robots are all new, within the last 2 years. They are running v8.5 and have similar hardware. They do this problem locally when plugged into either the KONI or the KLI port to weed out a network issue. I've compared settings between one that works and one that doesn't and came up with nothing. I've even reloaded the entire hard drive with a fresh image with the same result. Its the strangest thing. Another odd thing is sometimes it will ask for a password, than say the folder doesn't exist. Like it tried but gave up. I've been working on this problem off and on for 6 months. I've already reached out to Kuka and had a kuka tech look at them and he's confused by it as well. It acts like the problem is in the windows side, not in the KSS. Has anyone ran into this before?

I do it this way, because this is how my VersionDog gets its backup automatically.

• Well, does the directory exist?

Has the directory been Shared to the network in the Windows settings? SMB file sharing is handled through the Windows side of the KRC, not the VxWorks side, so creating network shares needs to be done through Windows, the same as on any Windows PC.

If the directory is shared, what are the share settings? The share name is easy to get wrong, and the access permissions need to be set to allow whichever Windows user account you're remotely logging into the robot with.

• you need to make sure D drive is shared and user access is set for your needs.

or...

use PlantArchiver. it does not need any setup on the robot, you just need the IP address of the robot.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Yes, D Drive is set to sharing and projectbackup does exist. I've seen that using RDP and at the pendant. Comparing the ones that don't work to the ones that do work in the windows side shows no difference between the two in share settings and security settings. Another odd thing about this is these all seem to be grouped together. There are 4 lines. The first line, all of them work as expected. Half of the next line didn't work. None of them worked on the third line. The last line, they all worked. Sort of why we reloaded the image from scratch, to make sure that an integrator didn't have a corrupted program he was shuffling around. They are not running tomorrow, so I'll check the share settings again. 3rd times the charm?

• For example I type in '\\10.80.200.200\d\projectbackup' and it will bring up the files where I can copy out the backups remotely (after logging in).

I had the same problem as you just described and then I checked the properties of this directory

Using the share name (and not the folder path) everything worked

For you this should be: '\\10.80.200.200\projectbackup'

I do not think you are having a directory 'D' with a subdirectory 'projectbackup' , do you?

• If you want to use '\\10.80.200.200\d\projectbackup' then drive d:\ must be shared

if you want to use '\\10.80.200.200\projectbackup' then Directory D:\projectbackup must be shared

Both will work

Advertising from our partners