System Startup Error -- IRC5, RW 6.12

• ADDENDUM: in the Boot Application screen, I found that the Select System option had no system selected. I'm not sure how that could have happened. But I selected the only System available in the menu, and used the Restart System button.

That seems to have recovered everything. I pulled a fresh backup, and did a full file compare against my Friday backup, and they match 100% barring the BACKINFO.TXT file, which just has different date/time stamps, as expected.

Still no idea WTF happened to cause this, though.

=============================================================================================

Great way to start the morning. When I left the shop on Friday night, the controller was fine. It was left powered up, but the cell was inactive. When I came in this morning, the pendant was displaying something I've never encountered before:

Rebooting several times hasn't helped. I can get FTP access, and pulled the BSDDiagnosticsData file as suggested near the bottom of the screen.

After scanning through the forum threads, it sounds like I need to try a P-Start, but I don't seem to have that option. The only screen I can get to after the main error screen is:

And after trying all the options, there's no option for any kind of special reboot (I-Start, P-Start, etc). There is an option for re-installing the system (X-Start?), but that requires a USB media that I don't think I have.

Going by the Troubleshooting Manual, it looks like I can create a new "factory" image using RobotStudio?

I do have a current backup of the robot as of Friday evening, so that's not an issue.

• And after trying all the options, there's no option for any kind of special reboot (I-Start, P-Start, etc). There is an option for re-installing the system (X-Start?), but that requires a USB media that I don't think I have.

Going by the Troubleshooting Manual, it looks like I can create a new "factory" image using RobotStudio?

I do have a current backup of the robot as of Friday evening, so that's not an issue.

I had a similar problem with a IRC5 running RW6.14. It only occured one time and my guess was the SD card. However, I didn't change the SD card or something else, but the problem never came back.

To solve the problem I have created a new system via installation manager 6 with my latest (working) backup. After the system was successfully installed I did a restore with the same backup file and everything was okay.

• My best guess is that maybe power was lost repeatedly, in short succession, preventing possibly both a good system save and interrupting the boot process.

That's about the only thing I've been able to think of, but nothing else in the building showed any signs of having suffered a power outage when I asked around. That said, this area has power grid issues, and the weather overnight had high winds and a lot of rain.

Hm... I could check the system log, couldn't I?

Well, looking at that, I see three Shutdown events late last night within the space of 5min, but only 2 Restarted events. The 3rd Shutdown wasn't followed by a System Restarted event until my first successful post-restore reboot this morning. So I'd say that's my smoking gun.

• Hello, I have some similliar problems. The system on my irc5 compact with the flexpendant got corrupted.
    The controller is now in the boot application and i deleated all the old systems.

The controler is not visiable from robotstudio and the controller refuses to change the IP.

I want to put the files on a usb stick and install from there. But useing installation manager 6 there is no option to make a bootable USB.

I tried just copy-pasteing the backup files onto the usb but nothing can be executed on the controller Install system.

I want to use RobotWare 6.xx (6.13.03 was installed before but i would like to try and install 6.15.05)

Read up on all the other forum posts and can't find something simillair.

Thanks for all the possible help :smiling_face:

Edited once, last by Andrej Jurman: More info added ().

Advertising from our partners