Error 20141: MotorsOff Rejected

• Hello everyone,

I have an error that only happens in a very specific situation, but the controller is offering no cause for the error. Hence, asking here.

When the robot is in Automatic, running a program (i.e.: CycleOn is on), and the PLC sends a MotorsOff input the robot is displaying Error 20141: Motors Off Rejected and the motors never turn off (they stay on)

The manual does not give me possible actions, and there are no other errors on the log.

Has anyone come across this problem before?

Edited once, last by verove: Typo ().

• That's a typo on my part, I apologize. I'll edit the post with the correct information.

It should read:

When the plc send the motors off input, the error is displayed and the motors never turn off.

• My first instinct then is to think that the motor on signal is still on when the motor off signal is sent.

I've had this happen before, but at least when that happened, they message on the log mentions that it's because both signals are on at the same time. What's throwing me off is that in this particular case, no other faults or explanations are coming up.

Which manual are you referring to?

I've downloaded the Operation Manual, which has an explanation of all the fault error codes.
    Additionally, the robotstudio log has no actionable items or causes listed.

• MotorsOff & CycleOn which you mentioned is both System Signals. My tip is to check System Parameters manual instead.

(It describes the Motor System Signals pretty well even though I can’t remember exacly what conditions that is required for motorsOff)

I know the error-codes is sometimes very insufficent. 😬

• It is possible to give the motorsoff input while the program is executing, however, it is recommended to issue a stop first. Does the input turn on for a minimum of 50 ms? That is a requirement for all system inputs. Check to make sure that there is no filter active set for that signal in the configuration.

• It is possible to give the motorsoff input while the program is executing, however, it is recommended to issue a stop first. Does the input turn on for a minimum of 50 ms? That is a requirement for all system inputs. Check to make sure that there is no filter active set for that signal in the configuration.

You might be onto something here. The original PLC program was sending the Stop and MotorsOff at the same time.

As a test, we put a very short timer to delay one signal from the other and this got rid of the error.

It was just a pain to try to figure this one out, since normally the errors give you clues as to what signals are causing the error -- but not in this case.

Advertising from our partners