Fanuc DCS

• I need help with the Fanuc DCS setup for 7.5 software

• How do you setup external light screens with the DCS position check.

Operator loads part to robot.

• no i want to stop the robot when it is in an area only when a safety device is open.

• Do you have DCS ?

Basically once you set up that particular area, you can enable it or disable it with a safety out. I'm home right now, i will give you more details later

So, you want to allow the robot to enter or to be inside the zone as long as the safety device is not broken

Oh !!! light screen = light curtain If your "safety device" is a light curtain the solution is not that simple, Do a search in the forum for "background program logic", there's a good explanation how to do it

Retired but still helping

Edited once, last by somar ().

• There is a connector on the OP panel board that can be used to safely (dual channel) enable/disable DCS zones. I think you can wire in up to two safety inputs. No need for background logic. Just check those inputs before entering the DCS zone you define.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• There is a connector on the OP panel board that can be used to safely (dual channel) enable/disable DCS zones. I think you can wire in up to two safety inputs. No need for background logic. Just check those inputs before entering the DCS zone you define.

I'm curious as to how this DCS input/output system is considered "dual channel" when all I need is 1 opsfty input to enable or disable a zone, and also can link 1 zone to 1 output? This is not dual channel. Unless I am missing something.

• I'm curious as to how this DCS input/output system is considered "dual channel" when all I need is 1 opsfty input to enable or disable a zone, and also can link 1 zone to 1 output? This is not dual channel. Unless I am missing something.

Sup three year old thread.

See the image below.

A1 and B1 are the inputs for a single safety input (OPSFTY1 in this case). Its dual channel since two inputs need to change state within 200ms of each other in order to actuate the input without generating a chain fault. It functions the same way the fence circuit does, or the external estop circuit.

You can have a safe output on pins A5 and B5. When ESPDO1 is turned on, both A5 and B5 will source 24V. It is up to the user to supply hardware that checks for dual channel functionality (like a safety relay).

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Fanuc is funny about responding. Call the tech line but if you don't answer when they call back then you keep playing phone tag.

Besides, their tech line has never been able to help in my experience. the field service guys are the helpful ones.

Plus if you don't give them an 'F' number many times they won't help you.

Advertising from our partners