Profibus connection with Siemens S7-1200 PLC

• Hi everyone, what do I need to do to set up a DSQC 352 Module? I have an IRB 6600 robot with S4C+ Controller and I want to control it with a Siemens PLC with PROFIBUS. What do I need or what do I have to do to configure the comunication and control the robot? Thanks in advance.

• Do you have the robotware CD for the system? There is a folder in there that is under utility, service, ioconfig. There is a preconfigured EIO that you can start with.

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I don't have de robotware cd, I'm an integrator and the final user only bought the robot with the controller, it is an old system and I'm aware that it is difficult to get the software so I was expecting to program it enteriely with the flex pendant, but I'll try to investigate if they can get the software or at least a trial version and check what you just told me.

• It will have some information that is needed. For example, does it even have the Profibus option? There is a file, backinfo.txt in a folder, Bakinfo, contained in a backup. Please post it here.

I'll post the text that comes in the .txt file, let me know if it is right; also as an extra information, the controller came with de DSQC352 board included so I guess the previous owner used the board to communicate the controller with a PLC.

#

# Generated backup file, do not edit.

#

# Originally at: /bd0/ABB/BAK1210

# 2022-12-10 13:13:40

#

>>SYSTEM_ID:

66-33165

>>PRODUCTS_ID:

3HAC6811-2.27 0986 System Pack 4.0

IRB 6600/2.55-225 type B

Service Info System

Calib. Pendelum RAPID

Ethernet Services FTP

Advanced Functions

LoadId and ColDetect

Multitasking

Developer Functions

IO Plus

>>ROBOT_TYPE:

6600/2.55-225 type B

>>HOME:

All public files and directories

>>SYSPAR:

SYS.cfg

SIO.cfg

EIO.cfg

MOC.cfg

PROC.cfg

MMC.cfg

>>TASK0: (MAIN)

SYSMOD/USER.sys @ /bd0/user.sys

PROGMOD/Op_67L.mod @

>>TASK1: (Mtask1)

>>EOF:

• I don't see profibus specifically, it may be included in the IO plus. How about you EIO.cfg, it is in the syspar folder. You don't need to post the entire part, just the topmost with the modules and networks, protocols, buses. All the signals won't be needed right now.

• I don't see profibus specifically, it may be included in the IO plus. How about you EIO.cfg, it is in the syspar folder. You don't need to post the entire part, just the topmost with the modules and networks, protocols, buses. All the signals won't be needed right now.

Alright, here it is part of the EIO.cfg content:

EIO:CFG_1.0:4:0::

#

EIO_BUS_USER:

-Name "SIM" -Driver "/sim1:"

-Name "SW" -Driver "/sw1:"

-Name "BASE" -Driver "/BASE1:"

-Name "CAN2" -Driver "/BASE2:"

#

EIO_UNIT:

-Name "SIMBOARD" -Type "eip000" -Bus "SIM" -Address "" -Digin 64\

-Digout 64

-Name "BOARD10" -Type "d352" -Bus "BASE" -Digin 96 -Digout 96\

-Param "BOARD10_VAL"

-Name "BOARD11" -Type "d328" -Bus "BASE" -Address "11" -Digin 16\

-Digout 16

-Name "R1_CAN2" -Type "DNET_SLAVE" -Bus "CAN2" -Address "30" -TrustLevel 2\

-Digin 16 -Digout 16 -PollRate 100 -Param "R1_CAN2_VAL"

• What's next? I see Can2 is a bus but usually for devicenet. I never used profibus on the S4C+ maybe that unit works on CAN2.

Oh ok, I read in an ABB manual that DSQC352 board handles input and output signals between the DeviceNet system and the PROFIBUS DP system. So I guess it'll work. It seems that is already configured to work with that board so maybe I need to make some tests to see if there's communication right?

Advertising from our partners