Converting program

• Hello to all,

im interested, if i can convert file from DX100 controller to YRC1000 controller, because of replacement of old robots with new robots.

Old robots are Yaskawa Motoman ES165-100 with DX100 controller.

New robots will be Yaskawa Motoman GP180-120 with YRC1000 controller.

Kind regards :smiling_face:

• Fubini

Approved the thread.
  • Hi,

simply answer: NO.

COMPLEX ANSWER:

depends on your program.

EXAMPLE 1

If you have a simple program made of simply position created in teach mode, you have to reteach that not only because of the controller but also for the difference of robot model.

EXAMPLE 2

Your program is a relative job with a couple of P-VAR created with a specific user frame and a tool. In this case you have a good "chance" to convert your job easily.

EXAMPLE 3

Your program is MACRO made only of PULSE/DOUT/DIN, no moves inside. Yes you can use, but your have to specify your input/output in the same position of the old controller or you have to rewrite the program.

Other problems will come up if you use if/for/while because the syntax change a little bit offline:

IF in an offline DX100 is: IFTHEN

IF in an offline DX200 or newer is: IFTHENEXP

So you have to change it with the correct syntax or when you will try to load it in the controller you will get an error.

• You can do it with Motosim. If you don't have Motosim contact Yaskawa and ask about converting the jobs for you as part of the new robot purchase.

You can also do it with relative job, however, you need to have relative job on both robots.

• Hi Robodoc,the problem I have with Motosim 5.2 is that it doesn't have a relative job. Is there another solution for the fact that the relative job did it? Can you help me?

• no, no, no, you don't use relative job in Motosim.

With Motosim you open a project with the original robot, load the job and move that robot to the first position, then open a second robot in the same project using the new robot. do not shift the base and OPL snap the new robot TCP to the old robot position and record the step. Move the original robot to the next step and OPL snap the second robot to it and record the step (keep doing this to record all the steps). Takes time. Takes patients.

Robodoc

With Motosim you open a project with the original robot, load the job and move that robot to the first position, then open a second robot in the same project using the new robot. do not shift the base and OPL snap the new robot TCP to the old robot position and record the step. Move the original robot to the next step and OPL snap the second robot to it and record the step (keep doing this to record all the steps). Takes time. Takes patients.

Robodoc there is a better way. Open the program in simplePP afterward select the points or whole program and generate model. Afterward import all the points generated to new controller/ program also in simplePP

My question was only about the Motosim 5.2 software, does Motosim itself have a relative job option or not? Is there an alternative method?, I just want to change the user frame two or three times in my program, is this possible? If this is possible, please write the code. here

• Yes, MotoSim is capable of Relative Job. Relative Job will only be available on your virtual controller if:

A). You loaded the cmos.bin or particular files from a real controller with Relative Job turned on.

B). You turned Relative Job on the virtual controller in Maintenance mode under System, Setup, Option functions.

To create a user frame programmatically use the MFRAME instruction under ARITH.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Thank you so much it works pretty for Motosim EG-VRC 2015 or higher version !!but another question is : Does this work for motosim EG (without vrc option version 4 or 5.2 )? Because there is no virtual teach pendant there that can enter to System>setup>optionfunction and change it to used ...can we write code instead relative job option?

• Yes, MotoSim is capable of Relative Job. Relative Job will only be available on your virtual controller if:

A). You loaded the ALL.PRM or particular files from a real controller with Relative Job turned on.

B). You turned Relative Job on manually through a text editor or parameter editor.

MotoSim is creating an accurate syntax job so there is a header that can be changed manually.

You can use Excel to input positions, save as a CSV, and load into a MotoSim job.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners