Problem with SR-6iA integrated solenoid valves setup for vacuum application

• Hi everyone !

I am currently having trouble setting up the integrated solenoid valves. I connected the vacuum pump to air inlet 2, then tried to switch the ROs on and off between (RO1 & RO3) and (RO2 & RO4) through iRProgrammer but there is no success. However, when I connected the robot to the compressed air outlet, the ROs are working just fine on switching on and off.

I am wondering if integrated solenoid valves only work with compressed air or if my vacuum pump wasn't generating enough vacuum pressure to activate the internal solenoid valves? The vacuum pump I am currently using generates 25.5 in.Hg max vacuum.

Also, I have noticed that after running through the robot, the vacuum pressure has cut in half, which is a bit weird.

Thanks for your help in advance !

Edited once, last by Lemster68: attachment was not working ().

• Lemster68

Approved the thread.
  • You can't run vacuum though just any solenoid. They are not rated to hold a vacuum.

Instead run compressed air though, then put a vacuum venturi generator on the end of the arm.

If you have a powerful enough pump you could mount near the base of the robot, or overhead, save run an external tube directly from the pump to your tool.

• thanks !

You can't run vacuum though just any solenoid. They are not rated to hold a vacuum.

Instead run compressed air though, then put a vacuum venturi generator on the end of the arm.

If you have a powerful enough pump you could mount near the base of the robot, or overhead, save run an external tube directly from the pump to your tool.

Advertising from our partners