E02 Controller FTP with Node-RED

• We've been attempting to configure FTP on our Kawasaki CX210L robot, but the manual seems to be missing some information. The robot prints error 4080 when we attempt to send data, but I haven't found that one in the manual. Our facility has a computer that is set up with Node-RED as an FTP server using the nodes seen here:

flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-ftp-server

It doesn't look like I can choose a port on the controller to match it up with the server. The hope is that we can collect robot data and save it on our computer with Node-RED. Has anyone done this before?

I looked at a Kawasaki presentation that was posted by a user here that covered some FileZilla setup. I didn't quite get the information I was looking for there.

• HawkME

Approved the thread.
  • I cannot recall ever seeing a front end option to change port for FTP use.

I think they stick with the standard FTP protocol port(s).

If it's not available in the teach pendant as a variable field, I suspect it's not available to change it as a client front end option.

What have Kawasaki said about this, have you contacted them?

• Yes, we did try using port 21 on the node. There doesn't seem to be much configuration on the Node-RED side. I thought I would have to tell the robot which port to communicate with, but perhaps not, based on what you guys are saying.

I haven't contacted Kawasaki. We got this robot used and integrated it ourselves. It is certainly probable that I just have something configured wrong. Beyond any other suggestions here, I'll go through some Kawasaki support and update the thread with any solution they might suggest.

Thanks for your help, everyone.

• Have you tried a local setup between your Kawasaki and a PC using Filezilla to prove the mechanism is working?

This would at least highlight whether it's a configuration issue within the Kawasaki or your external FTP server.

Advertising from our partners