RobotStudio Watch Window: Unknown Values for CLOCK VARs

• I'm having a minor issue with RS 2022.3.2. The Watch Window seems to work for CONSTs, PERSs, and even most VARs. But any of my CLOCK VARs that I add to the Watch shows up as Unknown Value. Even when I have the robot waiting for that Clock to reach a particular value.

All these variables are declared Globally at the top of my RAPID module (no TASK or LOCAL keywords). I have VAR NUMsdeclared the same way, at the same program level, which show up in the Watch perfectly well, but the Clocks simply won't show anything. The Help file doesn't state there's anything unique about Clocks that would prevent them from showing up in the Watch. Is this just a normal RS thing?

Code
      VAR num Trax_decision;
      VAR clock Clock_StopWatch;

• Not sure about that at all. Are you assigning the clock value to another variable? That one ought to be visible in the rapid watch, with maybe a minor lag.

Nope, in my usage, I literally just have

Code
        ClkReset Clock_StopWatch;
        ClkStart Clock_StopWatch;
        WHILE di10_ToolAttached=0 AND ClkRead(Clock_StopWatch)<30 DO
          WaitTime 0.1;
        ENDWHILE

But Clock_Stopwatch only shows Unknown Value in the Watch window. Odd. My first thought was that it was an issue with VARs vs PERSs, but I've found that's not the case. It seems to be unique to Clocks.

• Did you already check the release notes for RS 2022.3.2? Maybe there is an issue which is already known.

I didn't even know there were release notes.

Hm... well, after tracking the notes down, the only one that relates to the Watch window is:

Routine variables can't be displayed in RAPID Watch with RobotWare 6.12

A limitation in RobotWare 6.12 prevents variables declared in a routine from being displayed in the RAPID Watch window.

But these aren't routine variables, they're global variables. And other VARs declared at the same level don't have this issue, only the Clocks. So I don't think this note is applicable.

Still, it's handy to know those notes exist. Thanks!

Advertising from our partners