X12 Digital inputs and outputs

• Hello,

I have a KRC5 micro, but I don't quite understand how that XG12 I/O module is wired for the digital inputs and outputs. Do you have a drawing of how they would be connected? XD12 and XD12.1(Power supply interfaces) it does not supply me with voltage, it gives me 0 V when I measure with the multimeter voltage between the yellow and green circles of the attached image, the X12 is also shown there in the image.

• So, XG12.1 has two contacts for power output, and two for power input.

Now, the KRC5-Micro is an odd duck, so I can't guarantee this is the right solution. But on the similar connectors on the KRC4 Compact (the most similar controller), the I/O module got its power from the Power Input pins.

This allowed the end user to either connect an external power supply of their own choice, or power the I/O module from the KRC's internal power by running jumpers from the 24V output to the 24V input, and ditto for the 0V pins. So, if the KRC5-Micro follows the same design pattern (which almost every version of KRC I've seen does):

A jumper between 1 and 3, and another between 2 and 4, may be the correct solution. The manual doesn't actually say, from what I've seen.

Panic Mode will probably show up in 5min and bawl me out for getting this all wrong... :fish:

• whaaaat...?

the way i see it they are the same thing - both are marked external. so i assume they are both inputs, probably connected internally.

besides, how hard is it for someone to power down controller and use DMM to check if terminals 1 and 3 are internally connected, as well as terminals 2 and 4? then power controller up and measure voltage on those terminals? if someone is going to wire things up, they better be able to use DMM.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• that is what external supply means - you need to get your own 24V PSU, add fuse that does not exceed 10A and connect it to terminals 1 and 2 of XD12.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• serzulu XD12 and XD12.1 are internally connected. The manual states you can input power on either XD12 or XD12.1. The additional connecter is provided to daisy chain the external supply via the subsequent plug terminal to additional KRCs.

The only thing the manual does not help to identify is the physical numeric identifiers on the plugs for terminals 1,2 or 3,4 and they are not labeled on the plugs. (At least my plugs have no visual indication of the terminal numbers)

Advertising from our partners