For those of You familiar with using Kuka KRC4 .cnc for milling via offline programing with cnc g and m code, what is your opinion of it ? I am familiar with g code programing for cnc machines. I am considering a krc4 kuka with an end of arm spindle for carving some wood items vs. a 5 axis cnc machine.
1) Is the sending of the file to the robot fairly simple?
2) Are the controls capable of very large programs ?
3) What kind of tolerances can be held ? (How true is what Kuka claims: .0015" ?? )
4) Are there provisions for tool setup, tool change, and tool offset ?
4) What other issues are there to consider compared to using a 4 or five axis cnc table?