Setting tool frame same as user frame in current robot position

• I'm working with vision system and I need to modify tool frame when I measure offset.

I have user frame and tool frame set in the center point of my camera and I need to shift the tool frame when the part is offset to get correct rotation angle for SHIFTON TL.

How can I calculate correct coordinates for tool frame so it will be same as the user frame based on robot current position?

Yrc1000

We have gettool and settool commands available. I am able to get the useframe origin in pvar, but can't figure out how to convert it.

Edited 2 times, last by herja ().

• herja

Changed the title of the thread from “Setting tool frame as user frame in current position” to “Setting tool frame same as user frame in current robot position”.
  • HawkME

Approved the thread.
  • Thank you roboprof for your reply. Im still bit confused how cnvrt actually works.

So in theory I need to get user frame origin in pvar, convert it to tool coordinates and then same thing for tool frame with zero values, so it will be on flange and then offset of these will be coordinates for new tool frame?

edit: cnvrt really helped. I just had to add a few extra movl- commands between the calculations to make it work properly :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

Edited 2 times, last by herja ().

Advertising from our partners