"Event Message 39522" Error

• Hi there!

We've recently turned on a newly acquired ABB irc5 robot and was great with error message 39522. I'm unable to look inside the main cabinet to supply any additional photos by I've supplied images of the error message on the flex pendant. Any advice on how to resolve this issue would greatly be appreciated :smiling_face:

• kwakisaki

Approved the thread.
  • I wasn't able to link the necessary photos, here is what the error message said:

"Axis computer not found

Description

The axis computer in drive module 1 is not connected to the main computer.

Consequences

The system goes to status SYS FAIL. No operation will be possible until the fault has been corrected.

Probable causes

This may be due to a cable break, badly nected connectors or loss of power supply.

Actions

1) Make sure the main power switch on Drive Module 1 has been switched ON 2) Make sure the cable between Control Module and Drive Module is not damaged

and that both connectors are correctly connected. 3) Make sure the cable is connected to the correct AXC connector on the Main

Computer Unit Robot Communication Card or EtherNet Board (if the MultiMove option has been installed).

4) Restart the system.

5) Make sure the Power Supply Unit in Drive Module 1 is working correctly."

• I've taken a looking inside and the IRC5 has the metal cover.

I've looked attempted to go through some of the suggested resolutions but I unfortunately have limited knowledge on the internals on the IRC5.

I know the robot passed a service check after arriving to us but has since stood dormant for some time. I believe that their is either a faulty connection or interference. However, i'm unsure what wires/ connections I should check

• Assuming you have the DSQC639 processor, make sure the red labelled ethernet connection is properly seated and then find the other end at the axis computer found at the right side-lower-front of the cabinet. That cable should be plugged directly into the axis computer labelled "X2 Computer module link" OR it will plug into the SafeMove unit and from the SafeMove unit to the axis computer X2.

Does the LED inside the small hole on the front of the Axis computer turn on?

• Hi there,

we've reconnected and also tried replacing the ethernet cable which was connected to the "X2 Computer module link" and it hasn't made a difference to the error that appears upon boot.

The LED inside the small hole isn't tuned on

• That is the Status LED. It should be at least RED if the axis computer is receiving 24V.

Power the controller.

Connector X1 at the top of the axis computer - verify there is 24V at pin1 (+) and pin2 (-).

If you have 24V and no status LED, power down and disconnect all Axis computer connections and try again. If the status LED is still not lit, then the issue is the Axis computer.

If you don't have 24V, then follow the wires back to the power supply/power distribution depending on your version of controller. Make sure those connections are good.

• Hello there,

just for full transparency for anyone who experiences the same issues that were listed here.

The axis computer was looked at further by an external team which determined that a proprietary CPU on the axis computer was faulty resulting in a full replacement of the computer to resolve the issue

Advertising from our partners