Error message while installing Sunrise project on KUKA robot using iiwa_stack

• Hello everyone,

I am new to KUKA and Sunrise Workbench, and I need some help debugging an error that I encountered during my project. I am trying to use the iiwa_stack to bridge ROS and my KUKA robot. I have followed the instructions provided and built a Sunrise project, copying all necessary code to the Sunrise Project folder as instructed. However, when I attempted to install it on the installation tab on Sunrise Workbench, I received an error message:

"Exception while running 'MergeDeviceConfig' for item 'LBR5Support': ID "KUKA_Sunrise_Cabinet_1.com.kuka.Sunrise.SafetrySPR.xml" was not created".

I would greatly appreciate any ideas on how to solve this issue. Could the error be due to missing packages? Should I manually create the file to solve this problem? If so, what should the template of the file's content look like, and where should I put it?

Here are some additional details about my setup:

• KUKA LBR iiwa 7 R800
    • Sunrise Workbench - 1.11.1.10
    • Running on Windows 7 powered by VirtualBox

Thank you very much for your assistance in helping me find a solution to this problem.

Many thanks, :smiling_face:

Kiazon

• SkyeFire

Approved the thread.
  • Hi,

Have you checked whether you have created safety configuration as per instructions ?

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply!

I have double-checked the safety configuration settings, and I am sure that I have followed the tutorial correctly.

Meanwhile, I have also tried disabling/enabling default PSM rows, adding/removing my own Workspace Monitoring to check joint limits, and adding/deleting ESM1 (the only ESM I have). Despite these efforts, the error report persists.

Could you please advise if I have missed something or if there is a particular part that might be causing this error message? Also, what are the SafetySPR.xml and LBR5Support?

Best regards,

Khaizon

• Hi guys,

I wanted to follow up on the problem I mentioned earlier and provide a solution that could potentially help those who may encounter a similar issue in the future.

After further investigation, I found that the error I experienced was not related to the safety configuration as I initially thought, but rather due to a typo in the configuration of Robot IP in the src/RoboticsAPI.data.xml file. This typo caused a mismatch between the IP specified in the file and the controller IP set up in the StationSetup.cat file.

Therefore, if you come across a similar error, I suggest double-checking all configurations you have set. I hope this information is helpful to you in resolving any similar issues.

Best regards,

Khaizon

Advertising from our partners