E1 calibration test program error

• Hello,

I should test the ratio of rotating table using a TCP and reference on my custom E1 rotary turntable. I’ve done the 4-point EXT root calibration, I have an X marked on the flange and TCP ref tool in the spindle. I just need to run a small program to test if if TCP and E1 sync when rotated.

Loaded this test program below but Kuka found errors. My programming knowledge clearly sub par. I just wonder if anyone could provide alterations or an alternative. Test program.

Many thanks

————

KR125

KCR2ED05

KSS 5.5.12

—————

DEF rt_test()

GLOBAL INTERRUPT DECL 3 WHEN $STOPMESS==TRUE DO IR_STOPM ( )

INTERRUPT ON 3

BAS (#INITMOV , 0)

BAS (#VEL_PTP, 20)

BAS (#ACC_PTP, 20)

PTP $AXIS_ACT

FOR I[1]=1 TO 12 STEP 1

PTP_REL {E1 180.00}

HALT

ENDFOR

FOR I[1]=1 TO 12 STEP 1

PTP_REL {E1 -180.00}

HALT

ENDFOR

END

• Instead of I[1] try a simple Integer variable like CNT

My v-basic programming skills haven't extended to variables such as CNT yet alas. Obviously they will get better in a fairly steep arc from now on but for today I was hoping to get a quick result with a ctrl-v program...

• Bear with me. This as you have guessed us my first time programming.

Ran program. E1 rotated but tcp did not follow?

DEF rt_test3()

DECL INT N

BAS (#INITMOV , 0)

BAS (#VEL_PTP, 20)

BAS (#ACC_PTP, 20)

PTP $AXIS_ACT

FOR N=1 TO 12 STEP 1

PTP_REL {E1 180.00}

HALT

ENDFOR

FOR N=1 TO 12 STEP 1

PTP_REL {E1 -180.00}

HALT

ENDFOR

END

• for that you need external axis to be synchronous and mathematically coupled. you may want to set tool and base. on older KSS base would need to be 17, tool can be any...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• for that you need external axis to be synchronous and mathematically coupled. you may want to set tool and base. on older KSS base would need to be 17, tool can be any...

The rotary E1 has been set up to be synchronous and I did 4-point EXT root point calibration yesterday.

I ran a small rotary contour milling program and the arm and turntable working together earlier today. What I can see however is that the rotation direction of the E1 is the opposite of its onscreen simulation. This is why I should check the mathematical coupling by running a simple program to fault find.

• no, you can change direction by editing MADA. mathematical coupling is used to make robot follow the external axis. on newer KSS versions one is free to configure any base for any axis. but on older KSS this was fixed so E1,E2,E3 are tied to Base 17,18,19. if you do not select correct base there is no coupling.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Very useful advice thanks.

Just focusing on the rotation direction specifically. In order to change the rotation direction in MADA where should I specifically look.?

I see you have mentioned negating

$RAT_MOT_AX for that axis in another post. In my case is [7]

Will adding a minus to RAT_MOT_AX[7] work?

$RAT_MOT_AX[7]={N -23636,D 100}

--

$RAT_MOT_AX[1]={N -184,D 1}
    $RAT_MOT_AX[2]={N -184,D 1}
    $RAT_MOT_AX[3]={N -185,D 1}
    $RAT_MOT_AX[4]={N 1284,D 11}
    $RAT_MOT_AX[5]={N 108,D 1}
    $RAT_MOT_AX[6]={N -1575,D 22}
    $RAT_MOT_AX[7]={N 23636,D 100}

Advertising from our partners