"Cannot move along straight line" Error

• Hi!

I have a problem with Kawasaki BA006L robot with external axes.

Robot has 1 Kawasaki External axis (linear track motion with linear cooperation) and two separate control groups: one uniaxial positioner with positioner cooperation and one two-axial positioner, also with positioner cooperation.

When I work in base coordinates everything is fine, but when I switch to joint coordinates and start moving of ANY axis (including robot axes), the robot encounters a "W1000 Cannot move along straight line JTX in this configuration" warning, where JTX is the number of axis, I tried to move. But then I reset an error and try again, robot starts motion without fail.

I can provide backup, if needed.

Thank you in advance!

• Please have a look in manual for explanation for this setting.

It is due to circumferential speed (deg/s) of the rotary axes in teach mode exceeding 250mm/s which does not directly connect to reason published in warning you receive.

By inputting correct data ensures excess speed over safe teach speed 250mm/s should not occur.

From my memory, I think making change here removed warning.

Yes, would be interested if it resolves your issue too as I never received any answer from Kawasaki when I asked about this warning and the reason it was triggered.

Advertising from our partners