INST_ command meaning.

• Hi all,

working on fanuc crx cobot with R30iB mini plus controller.

Following is the code I am working on.

1: CALL -INST_PALLET(P[1],P[2],P[3],2,11,75,2,5,6) ;

2:L PR[5:Cart Approach] 1000mm/sec CNT50 ;

3:L PR[6:Cart OnPart] 250mm/sec FINE ;

4: CALL -INST_HAND_CLOSE(1,'GRIP_CLOSE',0,2,0) ;

5: PAYLOAD[2:Slug] ;

6:L PR[5:Cart Approach] 1000mm/sec CNT50 ;

7:J PR[1:Home] 60% CNT100 ;

Where can I find the details about instruction number 1 and number 3? I tried to search in manuals but could not find INST_PALLET or INST_HAND_CLOSE instruction.

Any help would be appreciated. :smiling_face:

• SkyeFire

Approved the thread.
  • Sergei Troizky I hear a lot about Karrel's here any tips to get a basic understanding?

Like what do you program it with then how do put it on the TP

It is programmed in Roboguide. The source code is a .kl file, and when compiled becomes a .pc file. You would then save the .pc file out, and load it into the real controller, and call it like a normal TP program. The only difference is that you won't be able to see inside of it.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• These are subprograms, called with parameters in the brackets.
    They are most probably written in Karel, not in TP.

Figured it out to some extent. Actually, when we write pallet instruction, controller asks for more information like number of rows, columns, layers, width between columns, height of layers and palletizing pattern etc. When we set the parameters, INST_PALLET(AR[1],AR[2],......) instruction appears on the pendant.

• Nation Thank you so much that was great! SO Karrel just means the roboguide program into the TP.

Not really. Karel and TP are two different languages that can interact with each other, but have different capabilities, strengths and weaknesses.

TP is good for simple to moderately complex tasks, and well suited for motion. Karel is ill suited for motion, but great at complex stuff, such as custom communications, or advanced math/logic.

TP is nice because you can see exactly what the robot is doing on the pendant, and it is modifiable from the pendant.

Karel is nice for the opposite reasons. No one without the source code can modify the program, which helps when people decide to go exploring in the pendant and accidentally delete something.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• The problem with karel is that it is like a black box.

If you have not the source code (.KL), or you lost it... and you need to debug an application, or even know what every optional parammeter do, you are screwed.

Nation explained it perfectly, it has his strenghts and weakness.

I always try to code all I can on TP, but for some things you need karel... per example socket communication is always done with a Karel. If you need to do complex things like checking the robot reachability before moving the robot to a variable point, you need karel... of you need to convert points from one base to another on the fly, again, you need karel.

That instructions you are asking are coded in karel probably. If you do not see them on the "select" screen you must go to the variable page and put $karel_enb=1. Then if you select "Type->All" you will see the karel routines, but you can't see inside them.

Advertising from our partners