Program Start Method

• We have RJ30ib Controller that we are redeploying. It use to run via the Style commands but we are changing it to Other, and production start method is UOP. I have selected my MASTER program as the starting program under %shell_wrk.$cust_name and I can jog the robot through the job but when I try to start the job in Auto the robot does not run. I am Holding UOP UI 1,2,3, and 8 on. I pulse UI 5 for .75 sec, and pulse UI 6 on. The program still does not run with these variables set. What am I missing? I am mostly familiar with Motoman Robots so Fanuc is a weak point.

• 95devils

Approved the thread.
  • Check in MENU -> SYSTEM -> Config what do you have for „START for CONTINUE” - TRUE or FALSE?

In genaral UI[6] is used to start the PAUSED program.

When you want to start a program which is not PAUSED, from the 1st line, use UI[18].

• Start for continue only is set to FALSE

Following the manual:

1. If START for CONTINUE only on the system setting menu is set to FALSE, the currently selected program is started from the current line. A temporarily stopped program is also started. (Standard setting)

2. If START for CONTINUE only on the system setting menu is set to TRUE, any temporarily stopped

program is started. This signal is ignored when there is no temporarily stopped program.

Try to use UI[18].

• We tried using UI[18] before switching to UI[6] and had the same results.

• How do you control the UOP signals? Discrete wiring or via PLC and a fieldbus protocol? Did you already check if the mapping of your UOP signals is correct?

RMT_MASTER is set to 0.

TP is off.

Pendant says it's in Auto.

Controlling UOPs over Ethernet with a PLC. I can see the UOPs change states on the pendant from the PLC

• I want to leave this update as I may have found a fix but will update tomorrow on if it works.

Advertising from our partners