KRC2 ProfibusMaster configuration error

• Hello.

KUKA KRC2 KSS V5.6.8

The KUKA is connected as ProfinetMaster with a Beckhoff BK3120 with one KL6021 communication interface.

After adding one additional KL6021 module KUKA has a profibus communication error.

I've tried to add the additional I/O's in the iosys.ini, but I'm getting an Configuration error I/O driver PMBASL.

I've never worked with KUKA Profibus configuration.

Is it necessary to generate a new LDB or change something in the pfbms.ini?

• Lemster68

Approved the thread.
  • yes, when robot works as a master, you need to update the scan list. each type of fieldbus has different one and usually it is something edited in special editor.

in case of ProfiBus, that is the LDB file, and to edit it you need Siemens software

in case of DeviceNet the scan list is in form of simple text file (INI) which is easily edited in a text editor.

once the scan list is updated, then you can map IO in IOSYS.INI

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• ... in case of ProfiBus, that is the LDB file, and to edit it you need Siemens software...

A bit unprecise, you can't edit a LDB file, you only can create a new one. If you don't have the original project files for Step7 or NCM Manager, you have to create it from scratch, and then create the LDB file from that project.

• thank you for correction...

that is true unfortunately LDB file is just the exported runtime configuration, not the project itself. so if you do not have previous one you would need to make a new one. also it is not a bad idea to ZIP the project with all GSD files etc and store it on the robot for future, specially if you will be the one maintaining it or making changes.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners