Obtaining reference position from robot files without WorkVisual

• Hello,
    I would like to ask whether it is possible to read the reference position for KUKA robots (various Quantec/Fortec/Titan models, KSS 8.3+), but directly from robot files, without opening the .asz project in WorkVisual? I've searched all the robot txt, dat etc. files but I haven't found a single value that matches - neither axes nor cartesian coordinates.
    3hjuvRP.png

From where robot obtains such coordinates? Thank you very much.

HR5xGPH.png

• SkyeFire

Approved the thread.
  • not sure you can... this is part of safety configuration. this means it need to be tamper proof since it is meant to protect human lives. if i was storing this, it would be encrypted. in best case this may be in plain text but with checksum to ensure no tampering but i would not put much hope in that. more likely it is one of the binary files like "safety controller parameters":

C:\KRC\Roboter\Config\User\Common\SCTLPARA.SAF

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• You only can get the position from the program that moves to the reference position (masref_start or something similar).

The coordinates will differ from them in the safety configuration, depending on how the movement was teached. But the physical position should be the same.

• You only can get the position from the program that moves to the reference position (masref_start or something similar).

If one took the extra step to DECL the position in MASREF_START as an E6AXIS rather than the default E6POS, then it should match the Safety Refpos exactly. But that may not help the OP.

• not sure you can... this is part of safety configuration. this means it need to be tamper proof since it is meant to protect human lives. if i was storing this, it would be encrypted. in best case this may be in plain text but with checksum to ensure no tampering but i would not put much hope in that. more likely it is one of the binary files like "safety controller parameters":

C:\KRC\Roboter\Config\User\Common\SCTLPARA.SAF

I am aware it's for human safety and should be locked from modifications without permissions (login as safety expert on robot).

But...there is file: C\KRC\User\DAI_SafetyExport\SafetyExport.xml

It's practially readable as plain text on PC. Changing values there changes robot checksum, not reference positions since reference position is not stored on that file and I do not understand why I can read safety data easily, but not Reference Position.

The problem is that I am (partially) responsible for safety configuration for several dozen robots and I waste time to load each one separately in WorkVisual, activates safety on it, then rewrite by hand. I wanted to write software which should speed up my work by exporting E6AXIS refpos for my further work.

If one took the extra step to DECL the position in MASREF_START as an E6AXIS rather than the default E6POS, then it should match the Safety Refpos exactly. But that may not help the OP.

Eexactly, I would like to check current stored Reference Position without entering Masref program - remotely, without physical to the robot. I will take a look on that binary file, maybe I will find a way to open it though I doubt I'll make it.

Thank you all for answers.

• Eexactly, I would like to check current stored Reference Position without entering Masref program - remotely, without physical to the robot.

Well, if the robots are networked, making the C:\KRC\R1 directory network-readable (do not make it writeable!) would allow you do access MasRef easily. Or, you can just open a backup that you know is up to date.

It is a bit odd that the Safety Data aren't available in some human-readable format, though.

• i do not see that file or the DAI_SafetyExport folder either on OL or in various robot images

Seems to be a robot that's used at Daimler (now Mercedes :-)). May be they have something like automatic export, or the integrator has to make that file in that folder. Haven't seen that at Powertrain standard yet. But there exist several different Daimler standards, don't know all that good.

• Seems to be a robot that's used at Daimler (now Mercedes :-)). May be they have something like automatic export, or the integrator has to make that file in that folder. Haven't seen that at Powertrain standard yet. But there exist several different Daimler standards, don't know all that good.

i do not see that file or the DAI_SafetyExport folder either on OL or in various robot images

Yes, exactly It's Daimler :smiling_face:

I work mostly for them (especially safety things) and forgot that they have something like additional packages which could interfere backups looking. My bad, forgive me. It looks that way:
    gyT7L41.png

Well, I checked VAG backup and there are too .SAFs files, especially
    SCTLPARA.SAF and so the problem is with opening these files :thinking_face:

Advertising from our partners