YRC1000 display custom message on pendant?

• Hello all,

I'm a new Yaskawa user and am learning my way around programming. In our system we have an air-powered manipulator with an air pressure sensor on the supply line, that is wired to the controller so it will stop operation if the pressure is low. Is there a way to send a warning message to the screen if this happens?

• SkyeFire

Approved the thread.
  • You could program a user alarm. The text for the alarm could say “check air pressure.” You would need then to program the conditions to trigger the alarm in the concurrent I/O ladder program.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• This will only work if the instructions are in the job and the job is executing.

Like programming, many ways to do the same thing.

Going through the ladder is harder, if you don’t know the ladder, but works anytime the ladder is running. It is also not job dependent.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Thanks for the hints, this did what I needed:

IF ( IN#(1)=OFF ) THEN

SETUALM 8000 "PRESSURE LOW" 0 SMODE=0

ENDIF

If the system job function is actives on your robot, you can use your program.

IF ( IN#(1)=OFF ) THEN

SETUALM 8000 "PRESSURE LOW" 0 SMODE=0

ENDIF

The system job is always running in back of robot, if the IN#(1) = OFF the system give alarm.

For use system job, go to JOB Menu and select CREATE NEW JOB and see in JOB TYPE are there SYSTEM JOB or not. if there are you can create a new job with SYSTEM JOB type and write your codes on it.

• The system job is always running in back of robot, if the IN#(1) = OFF the system give alarm.

For use system job, go to JOB Menu and select CREATE NEW JOB and see in JOB TYPE are there SYSTEM JOB or not. if there are you can create a new job with SYSTEM JOB type and write your codes on it.

My choices are "ROBOT JOB" or "CONCURRENT JOB". Might that be the same thing? I'm looking thru my manuals but have not found an explanation yet.

Advertising from our partners