Newbie (with Stäubli) questions

• Hi all,

I could get a job with a couple of Stäubli robots with CS8C controllers.

But I had only done a couple of small things years ago with them, programming is not an issue, but the internal small things of each brand will be.

I have the SRS 2022 (demo) after speaking with Stäubli headquarters.

Customer only have one pendant for those 2 robots. I guess they will have to use some kind of connector to remove the emergency stop alarm. but this takes me to the first question:

System IO

Is there any manual with system IO? signals used to power on the motors, to put the program pointer to the beginning, and to start the program? If that manual is not available, could you explain me a little how to configure those 3 signals?

I've seen in the SRS that There are SYSTEM IO that as digital input there are enablePower (looks like the signal to power on the motors of the robot).

But it seems there is no way to move the program pointer to main/start/initial position.

Nor I can see any way to start the program.

Pendant basics

Is there any manual out there that explains how to use the pendant? I'll have to search for the manual I got when I did the training, but it was in paper and I don't have access to it till this weekend so anything digital would be nice.

Thank you very much in advance.

• Hello JoanM !

Some quick answers :

Customer only have one pendant for those 2 robots. I guess they will have to use some kind of connector to remove the emergency stop alarm

There is a connector 'Shunt' for all the robot to work witout SPx. The customer receive one for each controler.

Is there any manual with system IO? signals used to power on the motors, to put the program pointer to the beginning, and to start the program? If that manual is not available, could you explain me a little how to configure those 3 signals?

With SRS, you can "link" the systems Input/output signal to real Input/Output in the menu Physical IOs/Iomap Editor.

There is one input to realize the Power ON, but nothing to Start/Stop the program.

The Stäubli concept is like an PLC program. There is no way to start the program by an external command. The program need to be started in manual (on Teach Pendant), or automatically after the boot if configured.

Is there any manual out there that explains how to use the pendant? I'll have to search for the manual I got when I did the training, but it was in paper and I don't have access to it till this weekend so anything digital would be nice.

Open an internet account to find the global documentation. If you have learn the programmation by Stäubli Trainning Service, I think, you can call it to retreeve à new paper or the pdf file...

Have a good WE...

Advertising from our partners