FD050 Noises, Trambling and returning Overload/speed error in multiple axis

• Hello everyone,

I come to you guys this time around as I am experiencing some problems with the FD050 I am dealing with since yesterday.

I have some boards replaced on its controller already and was working fine for the last few months.

but yesterday, as i am doing an installing, i came across these noise from the motors whenever i have them on.

also while moving, the robot would tremble quite a lot, and at some point some errors would come up: Overload or speed error.

eventually such errors would come up even when the motors are off and reappearing straight after resetting.

Yesterdays error went away a few minutes after i first switch the robot on and worked fine for the day, but today its been a few hours already.

i checked brakes, and damage harness as per troubleshooting manual and everything seems fine.

i am looking for directions on what should i do/check next. I was wondering if the 1GM board would have any impact on the matter.

see attached the Error log

Edit--

couldn't upload the error log file.

• Lemster68

Approved the thread.
  • Any text based file needs to have it's extension changed in order to upload.

ie errorlog.el needs to be changed to errorlog.txt and forum will accept it then.

Need to know history more as when I see/hear people say it was working fine for last few months and suddenly not working usually means missing information is not provided.

So just to fill in history:

- What boards were replaced.

- Why were these boards replaced.

- During replacement of these boards, were any software changes made.

Sounds like gearbox or mechanical links to me, but could be internal harness wear (robot), motor, encoder, software.

Without ANY information to go on, what can we do?

No idea what joint the errors are relating to as you fail to mention.

Better to have small video and audio to see and hear this.

You need to try and isolate from where the noise is coming from along with the error and see if error is matching JT in error code.

I go round each pivot point for joints and hold screwdriver end to casting and rest handle to ear and try and listen from where noise is generated from.

• First i am sorry for not fixing the missing file straight away and just editing to explain,

As following your instructions I still wasn't able to load the file I copied its contents and pasted in between the quote following.

this machine is second hand and i had to replace, in order of occurrence (note some were replaced more times)

AVR unit

1RB board

1KP board

1RA board

1RB board+MC unit+ Mother Board.

this last intervention happened about 4 months ago.

and yesterday, as can be seen bellow, the robot started acting up again.

• I split in two as the number of characters were exceding even though i removed the repeated ones...

• No idea

No explanation about board changes and why they were changed.

No explanation about any software changes.

No video.

Any 'before' board changes file saves and 'after' board changes file saves?

Any images of the 1RB 'before' and 'after' regarding switch settings?

To go from apparently it was all fine and functioning and to exhibit all those errors suggests there is information missing from this story and that missing information will probably yield some answers.

• i am sorry but i really couldnt manage to upload no file to the forum.

but i was looking for possible causes to better direct my efforts. Although from what i read i first replaced the board RB and it solved the problem. later i realised this was the same problem i had before with the previous RB boards but they simply stopped and this threw off my diagnostic.

my question is now, if you guys have any information on what would actually cause the RB board to present such faults as this is already the 3rd board of that kind i have on this machine and for the very same reason.

• Please read the posts, you seem to be ignoring the questions I am asking you.

You need to try and isolate from where the noise is coming from along with the error and see if error is matching JT in error code.

I go round each pivot point for joints and hold screwdriver end to casting and rest handle to ear and try and listen from where noise is generated from.

No explanation about board changes and why they were changed.

No explanation about any software changes.

No video.

Any 'before' board changes file saves and 'after' board changes file saves?

Any images of the 1RB 'before' and 'after' regarding switch settings?

If you cannot provide details, just what are we supposed to do?

i am sorry but i really couldnt manage to upload no file to the forum.

What does this mean exactly.....just making statements about things are not working helps nobody to assist you in return..............

Your account and status is set to allow for attachments, so please explain the details you are experiencing that are preventing/occurring?

Don't just say it doesn't work.

• I know it doesnt help and i have been asked before to also post the Error Log file and have done it before but i dont know why this time around i couldnt upload any content to the topic so everything i had to explain was what i did.

i am sorry if this seems that i am just ignore and hoping for a miraculous understanding of what i am experiencing, this was never my intention.

• So please explain what is happening when you are trying to add attachments?

- Explain how you are trying to do it.

- Explain what the result is.

It's not a case of anything miraculous, there is a timeline here (history) of what have done and if you cannot explain/provide any evidence of this timeline, then all you are doing is asking how to fix the problem.

If I was to tell you how to fix the problem based on your current supplied information the only thing I could advise at this point is:

- Swap the arm for a known good one, does the problem still exist?

- Swap the controller for a known good one, does the problem still exist?

This may not be possible, so we need to 'look deeper', not just swap parts for the sake of swapping:

- This not a definitive troubleshooting method and should really be avoided.

- Just by swapping parts or reloading data, if you have not followed correct procedures then you may introduce problems yourself.

You need to try and eliminate things - hardware or software.

Hardware:

Gearboxes and mechanical linkages do not fail overnight without a collision or some instance where the mechanical parts have suffered impacts or someone has been tinkering with them.

Motors do not normally fail overnight unless something has occurred like impact damage, ingress of grease through the shaft seals into the stator areas or someone has been tinkering with them.

Electronics:

Electronics can of course fail, not usually overnight or between power cycles (unless you are unlucky).

If you are swapping boards, or they known working ones and are you following correct procedures.

Software:

This never changes unless the memory side of the electronics fails, the battery is exhausted or someone loads incorrect data in.

So which is it - this is what we need to discover.

Only you know the history of events, we don't have the foggiest idea.

Does that makes sense?

So:

Where is the noise coming from, can you find this out.

Does this happen repeatedly each time you just energise the motors in teach mode (not jogging).

What is the history.......?

• Right, to the problem with the attaching files:

there is no button to attach files here, so i tried dragging into the text box. it does come green and explain where to drag it to but it never uploads.

to the problem:

this sound comes from all joints as if the brakes were still engaged or partially engaged.

I have had this same issue with the previous RB boards i had to replace but if the same problem keeps coming back i would like to know what would cause this specific part of the board to keep getting damaged, because just as you said all i can do for now is keep swapping the boards which would temporarily solve it but the root cause is still there somewhere.

also, as i have replaced a number of components (AVR, KP,1RA) i understand these are not the causes for such fault on the RB board and would like to know if there would be anything else.

As far as my understanding goes, the other things that might have a connection would be current fluctuation from the motors that would, at some point cause a disturbance on the electronic circuit of the board causing it to malfunction to the point that eventually would become this fault, or something along these lines which would even include the power unit (1KQ(?) board).

At first the noise would come before any fault occurs, even allowing movement, thus the trembling happens, mostly on the long axis (2 and 3), evolving to overload or speed errors while moving (not always on those long axis).

but it also goes on to the point where the simple fact of the controller be switched on the errors of overload would come up straight away.

• In previous posts (threads) you have managed to upload video, documents etc, so we need to find out why you can't do it now as your account has not changed since and therefore no restriction to prevent from uploading so it is strange you say you have no button available anymore.

OK, so let's see if we can resolve your attachment issues first.

Below are screenshots of normal account pages when replying.

Please indicate if you can see any of them:

1. This is normal screen you should see first.

2. Clicking on attachments should show this screen.

3. Clicking on UPLOAD should open a folder on your PC so you can locate files to attach.

4. Select an item like a file with extension .bmp,.jpg,.png,.txt,.mp4

5. Then click reply and attachment will appear in post.

Can you identify with what screenshot you are saying does not exist?

• I have had this same issue with the previous RB boards i had to replace but if the same problem keeps coming back i would like to know what would cause this specific part of the board to keep getting damaged,

Why are you assuming the 1RB board keeps getting damaged?

Have you confirmed this is damaged by testing it in another controller?

as i have replaced a number of components (AVR, KP,1RA) i understand these are not the causes for such fault on the RB board

This is precisely my point.

You have changed everything in the controller and the issue is still not resolved.

Now you are regularly changing 1RB assuming this board is the problem and asking why it is getting damaged.

I personally do not think this is your issue.

That is why I need more information.

Ok, back to a fundamental, please respond with everything I am asking or I cannot help any further:

- What is controller model no. on rating plate on controller.

- What is arm model no. on rating plate on controller.

- What is 1RA part no. on board - 50999-xxxxx.

- What is 1RB part no, on board - 50999-xxxxx.

- What are the dipswitches set to on the front of the 1RB - please provide all of them.

- What is 1GM part no. installed on 1RB board - just 4 digits

- What is 1KP part no. on board - 50999-xxxxx.

- What is MC Unit part no. - 50632-xxxxx and what colour is dot sticker on it.

- What is 1KQ part no. (this is the board inside the MC Unit and the part no. is usually on sticker placed on one of the black connectors sticking out of the top of the MC Unit).

- What is current AS group and SV group revision levels installed from Aux 0804 as below:

=== AS GROUP === : AS_xxxxxxxx

=== SERVO GROUP === : SV_xxxxxxxx

Advertising from our partners