Kuka robot + Positioner speed limits?

• Hello everyone,

I need your expertise to solve a challenging issue with my KR12 + positioner. Despite my best efforts, I can't seem to make it move at the required speed.

Let me provide more context: I have successfully configured the positioner and robot, and have even created programs that take advantage of the positioner's rotational capabilities while the robot handles the Z movement. I'm talking about tasks like printing a large vase with the table turning and the robot moving up point by point.

However, the problem lies in the fact that, no matter what speed I set, the actual velocity (measured through $vel_act) never goes above 5mm/s. This is surprising, considering that I know the positioner's rotational axis can move much faster.

I've exhausted all of my own ideas and even reached out to Kuka for support, but nothing has worked so far. That's why I'm turning to you to help me understand what may be causing this limit. I'm programming with linear movements, and I'm eager to hear any insights or solutions you might have.

• Lemster68

Approved the thread.
  • Can you extend your request with some data please.

Whats the programmed velocity for the positioner?

Whats the programmed velocity for the robot?

How do you blend with what blending modes?

Whats the programmed point distances between your LINs?

How is the addtitional kinematic setup in machine data?

Are your postions close to singularities?

The number of possibilities is endless with the very limited amount of info in your questions. At least share a little program that shows how you programmed your jobs.

Fubini

Advertising from our partners