“Frozen” Teach Pendant

• Hello everyone!

Has anyone faced a problem where while using the teach pendant it completely freezes?

We can power it( we see the green light turning on when pressing deadman) but other than that the screen doesn’t move.

It happened twice already and we were obligated to turn off the power of the controller( which can cause more harm than good when doing it constantly)

Can it be a memory problem? Too many programs?

Is there a solution other than turning off the controller power? We really need to avoid this problem .

Rx130 CS8

Best regards

• AD
  • kwakisaki

Approved the thread.
  • It happens something similar to me once.

Ensure all tasks continually running do have an instruction to cause an immediate sequence, this is, frees the CPU resources to jump to other tasks avoiding a deadlock.

Example of a deadlock task:

Code
    do
       ...Something...
    until false

Example of a task that sequenced immediately:

Code
    do
       ...Something...
       delay(0)
    until false

The delay(0) will free the CPU from the task running too many times, allowing resources to run other tasks, like the pendant update internal task.

Inside VAL3 manual:

The VAL 3 instructions that can cause a task to be sequenced immediately are as follows:

Hope this is your problem, otherwise good luck!

• Hello,

If you have a other SP1, you can try to change it.

Control the connection and the cable between the SP1 and the controler.

What's happen when you stop all the applications ?

Have a good day...

We do have another teach pendant but it’s not in a better state that the current one 🤔

That’s a good idea.

I will see what tasks are running continuously and see if I can add that condition to avoid possible problems

There are tasks that are continuously running while waiting for information from the PLC to start the operation.

Maybe If I add an delay(0) to each one of them it can help?

Best regards

Edited once, last by 16000lc ().

• There are tasks that are continuously running while waiting for information from the PLC to start the operation.

Maybe If I add an delay(0) to each one of them it can help?

Best regards

Not sure how they are structured but yes, if it is a loop with no delay or waits, it will suck the CPU resources. If you need help looking at this, keep posting here.