Edit the $machine.dat and safety configuration

• Hello guys, I have a KR6 R700 robot, and KR C4 controller, the software is KSS 8.6.7

recently I found out the rotation direction external axis(rotary table) is reverse, namely if I press the plus button to jog the external axis, it will turn in negative direction according to right hand rule, And I wanted to change it. I knew I could change the RAT_MOT_AX[7] in $machine.dat to make it, but besides that I have to also change the machine data in safety configuration, otherwise the robot will be blocked.

The question is after doing these changes, the smartPad will pop up a window to tell me reinitialize the robot controller, and I don't know is it the normal process? Does anyone have experience about that before?

• kwakisaki

Approved the thread.
  • The question is after doing these changes, the smartPad will pop up a window to tell me reinitialize the robot controller, and I don't know is it the normal process? Does anyone have experience about that before?

Yes thats normal procedure when you edit safety configuration.

Fubini

• Well then I executed the change on RAT_MOT_AX, and also save the change on safety configuration, and let the controller reboot. and now the KUKA smartPAD is freeze, the screen of smartPad display:" the controller is disconnected, Reconfiguration of controller is running" should I worry about that?

• give it some time, that take several minutes... during reconfiguration several messages can be shown but just ignore them and let the process finish.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Well actually I waited an hour, but this message still wasn't gone, so I rebooted the controller, then everything is good right now

Advertising from our partners