Fanuc mastering/calibration issue??

• equipment in question

RJ3IB Controller

Arcmate 120IB robot

issue: world coordinates do not calculate to actual measurements. meaning if a bar was placed in front of the robot and was 48" long, from 0" to 48" in "y" direction in world the calculation believes it went roughly 48 11/16"

these were purchased from an auction and were painted heavily over the witness marks but have been able to remove most of the paint and quick master the robot and calibrate. robots function as they should and run programs consistently with repeatability. the reason i ask this is because when using offline robot programming, it will send down exact coordinates and with the robot calculating it differently it does not come down where it should. TCP can never be taught without being off by 1/4" to 1/2" and some other issues.

does this come down to the fact the robot needs to be mastered with a fixture? we do not have the original fanuc mastering sheet with it so that is out of the question plus being used can not verify none of the hardware has or hasn't been changed.

from what it looks like to me, we need a mastering fixture to get the robot back to an original pulsecoder count but dont want to spend 20k on the fixture if its not even going to help.

appreciate any feedback.

• kwakisaki

Approved the thread.
  • does this come down to the fact the robot needs to be mastered with a fixture? we do not have the original fanuc mastering sheet with it so that is out of the question plus being used can not verify none of the hardware has or hasn't been changed.

from what it looks like to me, we need a mastering fixture to get the robot back to an original pulsecoder count but dont want to spend 20k on the fixture if its not even going to help.

It seems to me that the fixture mastering should solve the issue.

Some time ago it was possible to borrow the fixture from fanuc, don't know whether it's still possible or not.

Advertising from our partners