position register changing representation

• Good day,

I've got a weird one that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have user frame values stored in PRs. I get a call saying they are getting a 'position not reachable' alarm. I looked at PR[1] and while it has the same numerical values, it has somehow gone from Cartesian coordinates to joint angles. As far as I know, the only two ways to change the representation of a PR is either manually on the TP or by doing PR[X]=JPOS. Nobody touched the TP and we do not use JPOS instructions at all. Are there any other ways for a PR to programmatically change representation from Cartesian to joint?

Thanks,
    Lei

• "Nobody touched the TP ..."

How can you know that? Users always say this.

Is it a single-time incident or repeated issue?

Do you have anything like PalletTool or PickupTool in the robot? These may use PR[1} for own purposes.

I would avoid such address anyways, as it is the first one you see in the Data screen, hence the most subject to erroneous overwriting.

• Yes, fair point but I looked at recorded camera footage and there was indeed nobody around the TP at the time it happened.

It did happen once last year, at which time I thought it must have been someone's fat fingers. However, the number of key presses made the chances of it being accidental very unlikely.

We do not have PalletTool or PickupTool.

• Hello leidai5,

As far as I know, the only two ways to change the representation of a PR is either manually on the TP or by doing PR[X]=JPOS

The representation of a Posreg can be changed with a Karel-Prog too.

AND

using a command like

PR[1]= UTOOL[1]

will change the Reprentation to the type "POSITION"

you see something like NX, NY...

• Thanks for the ideas.

We don't use any KAREL programs on this robot.

The only instructions that involved PR[1] are:

33: UFRAME[1:User Frame]=PR[1:L1 User Frame] ;

34: UFRAME_NUM=1 ;

So we copy the contents of PR[1] into UFRAME[1] but nothing writes into PR[1].

• We used to run into that on occasion. If I'm remembering right, I think it was happening only with PR[1] for us and may have had something to do with PR[1] specifically. It was something that only happened a couple times a year.

• Yea, this only happened a couple of times in the past year and only with PR[1]. Sounds like we should just avoid using PR[1]. Should be an easy enough change. Thanks!

Advertising from our partners