Dropping output

• Is there a way to turn an output off if someone breaks the safety fence? I know how on a Motoman by manipulating the ladder but I’m lost on a fanuc

• This is how we have done it through the plc program the input of the light curtain being broken in the plc you assign to a fanuc digital output your going to need to use a calculator for Hexadecimal ex 8a=138 so when you look at your digital out puts on the pendant D/O 138 would trigger on and off while being broken

• Yeah we’re just going to wire a some relays. It’s a R-J3ib controller and we can’t get the gun trigger to shut off when a fault occurs. I would run it in the bg logic but it won’t let me use IF THEN statements.

• You can easily do that in BG Logic.

You can use if statements in BG Logic but it must be the mixed logic version with parenthesis.

If (conditions), DO[x] = Off.

If you want it to auto resume then I would use a separate flag to turn it on in the program. Then your BG Logic can be like this:

DO[x] = F[x] And Fence.

If the mixed logic if statement isn't available then you can use second example and it will work fine.

• The gun triggers turned on and off like we wanted but after a little while the bg logic faulted out for digital port access fault and wouldn’t reset until we took out the logic that was controlling it. We’re just going to add a couple relays to fix it. Not sure if it’s anything to do with the fact that is a R-J3iB controller or not.

Advertising from our partners