Newly acquired Kawasaki UX150 with C-Controller

• I'm guessing It's an other movement mode I can activate by pressing joint interpolation in the teach block menu on the TP ?

That's correct.

Whenever you are checking individual joints for issues, always use Joint interpolation not base or tool.

Yes, just hearing a click from the brake does not necessarily the mechanical part is releasing internally, only real way is try and move the joint by hand during the brake release button press/hold.

Ok about the supply.

Some video would be good and if you can capture these noises and where they are coming from would be good to.

I'm having the position envelope error after moving it a bit at the moment

With which joint?

Can you try the other joints individually rather than concentrating just on JT5.

• Hello kwakisaki,

I tried to activate joint interpolation but had an error saying "no program"...

I uploaded the videos:

Video 1

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

robot functionning until error 1504 while moving JT3

Video 2

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

robot functionning until error 1504 when moving JT4

Video 3

robot functionning until error 1504 when moving JT4. Inconsistent grumbling noise can be heard from the servor

Video 4

robot functionning until error 1504 when moving JT5

Video 5

Whirring sound heard from the servos

Video 6

Weird noise heard from the servos, brake engaging ?

All the errors 1504 are on JT5, no matter what servo was moving when the error occured.

I've been tring to clear the current overload for half an hour to get these videos, in the end I managed to clear it by:

-Unplugging X5

-Restarting the control box

-Pressing "clear errors" many times

-Once cleared, I plugged X5 back in

-Restarted the control box

Now the robot is running but the 1504 error pops up spontaneously. I didn't get the overcurrent error again yet.

I'm starting to consider trying voodoo magic :wallbash:

• It'll end up being something obvious that's been overlooked.

I tried to activate joint interpolation but had an error saying "no program"..

Has nothing to do with that.

From the videos it looks like your jogging it in joint interpolation mode.

That mode is changeable on the teach screen your using, bottom to the left of the joint keys.

But do all your testing in joint anyway.

If I am hearing it correctly, it sounds like a sack of cats, but the audio is not too clear if I'm honest.

So the amp overcurrent is keeping quite at the moment......we'll take that for now.

Have you checked/cleaned F5 MCB?

Are you in a position to make a file save yet and post it here?

Is there not much room to move it in there?

You really to be able to fully test the joints working envelope, just operating it in that crunched posture is not good as it's been out of service for ages, really need to stretch her out.

• Hello kwakisaki,

Yes I checked and cleaned F5, I can connect the laptop to the robot so I'll make a save file and post it here as soon as it's done!

I have absolutely no room, I'm currently looking for a bigger shop but I'm not quite there yet...

I was planning on storing it until I get a bigger shop and enough room for it.

• The reason for the backup, is so the next step will be to hardware initialize the robot and set it up to a minimum configuration to test it without the previous configuration information.

This way we can rule out any existing settings creating these issues.

I suspect this is not software related, but doesn't harm it if we remove her memory and any old ghosts she may be keeping hold of.

If this doesn't yield anything, then we can load the backup back in afterwards.

• I made a save using the command:

"Save C://save"

LOL.......where did you read about how to save using that?

That file will probably end up in your hidden folders:

C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

You need to ensure you are using the correct Kawasaki syntax when saving, not just throw in something you think may work.

You've made me laugh with that save instruction.....Kudos for trying that out though... :hahaha:

When you put KCWin32 or KRTerm on your PC, where the application is located is the default save area:

SAVE backup

If you want to save it to a completely different drive on your PC then:

SAVE c:backup

SAVE d:backup

If you want to save it to a particular folder on a particular drive, you need to create the folder first and make sure it uses the correct Kawasaki syntax.

SAVE c:file_bups/test_bup

SAVE d:file_saves/con_bup

• Hello again, it's been a while!

I was on a holiday then been busy catching up...

I indeed found it in virtual store (I meant to save in under C:\save but I'm working on a website and switched the syntaxes :pfeif: ).

Do you need me to upload the save file ?

• Now that your in a position that you have a backup, then there is 'little' risk of completely wiping it, making some initial settings and see if the problem remains or resolves it.

I would be interested to have a look over it though as something in there may just 'jump' out.

But remember this is a public forum so if there is any IP related data on there you may not want to.

What is your connection method that you have used to obtain the backup - RS232, PCMCIA, Ethernet?

• For future reference:

- 'IP' when referring to data is intellectual property......ie the code, not the IP address.

- Change the extension of the file save to .txt next time you upload.

- On old controllers, if you SAVE/IND and then filename, the file data will be tab indented (easier to read).

Yes, it's full of the ex-jaguar configuration and programs.

You will need the original if you ever want to restore it back to it's current configuration.

When carrying out a complete wipe, you will lose ethernet connection but will have RS232 connection, so always better to have RS232 connection available to.

Up to you if you want to wipe her memory and try a very cold basic setup?

• Hello again everyone,

I've not updated this thread in a long time so I wanted to give you an update on the situation and the reasons behind my disappearance.

As I had mentionned In an earlier post, my workshop is rather small and becoming extremely cramped with my machines and tools. I absolutely need to move to a bigger space before I continue expanding.

Earlier this year, I was expecting to buy a house from a farmer that retired. The house came together with stables, of which I was expecting to transform one into a bigger workshop, move there and enjoy the extra space for expending and specificaly for installing my dear robot friend.

However, nothing went according to plan. Indeed, a very fortunate man, whose castle overlooks the farm has decided to buy it to prevent anyone from beeing able to alter the beautiful view from his castle's terrace (no I'm not kidding). He met me and my family (we are farmers) and told us he was the one who would get the deal no matter the cost, and if we made him loose money he would make sure to hit back.

Therefore I had to retract my offer...

As things stand now, I don't really have any prospect of acquiring a new space for my workshop other than building one. Which would take at least a year to a acquire the permit for plus the time to build it, etc. Therefore I had to put the robot aside as I don't have any space to put it to use in the near future.

I'd like to thank you all, and specifically give a huge, huge thank you to kwakisaki for his support in this project. Whenever I'm able to find or build a bigger workshop for myself, I'll start working on the robot immediately, as this has been the most fun and rewarding project I've worked on until now (I can't communicate strongly enough the joy of having the remote in hand and the feeling of childish joy it provided me when moving the robot. I felt like a kid playing for the first time with his new toy on christmas day, as well as the awe when seeing the incredible possibilities on kwakisaki's YT channel).

Sadly this will be it for this thread for a while, I wish you all great end-of-year holidays and I can't wait to start this project again !

• I wondered how you were getting on with this, what a shame.

Seems very under handed and immoral if I am reading it correctly.

To halt progress of bringing a workhorse back into service due to this is shameful too.

I hope Santa does not visit him, and if he does, I hope he spits in his eggnog.

Many thanks for your kind words.

It is very much appreciated when members reach out with gratitude and it is very well respected too.

You're very welcome and I hope you can start making progress again real soon........... :beerchug:

Advertising from our partners