Stop Skipping Lines

• Hello,

We have operators and others that have found if the robot is waiting for a signal that if they turn the TP on and go down a line, and turn the TP off and start the robot it starts from this new line. What options do I have for stopping this? We have passwords. Is there a system variable or something I'm misisng?

Thanks

• You should at least get a yellow prompt box on the TP which asks the user if they want to resume from that line. This may be a production check setting under Setup - Prog Select.

Regardless, this doesn't really help as it's just another step they can preform. You should be able to prevent access to the program with the password option. Alternatively, you could send a signal to the PLC when the TP is enabled and track it that way.

• It pops up with a prompt but they are intentionally skipping the line so they say yes. Currently I'm trying to figure out if I can disable the FWD/BWD buttons in the password xml file. I know it's a setting in the function menu but it would be nice to just have it tied to our logins instead.

Anyone know the key Id for the FWD/BWD buttons? And/or where to find Key IDs in either the manual or variables? I have had no luck so far

• How are you starting the robot? If you are using UOP, then simply don't provide the operators with a resume button. If they turn the teach pendant on and off then you can force them to start the program over from the beginning.

• How are you starting the robot? If you are using UOP, then simply don't provide the operators with a resume button. If they turn the teach pendant on and off then you can force them to start the program over from the beginning.

It's a weird UOP/SOP combo. It's UOP signals controlled through flags so it can auto start after fence open/faults but if you press the sop start it will also pulse the start signal. But I don't want it to restart at the beginning because it's in the middle of loading a furnace and waiting for the signal drop the ingot, but they skip it and it loads the furnace anyway.

• You can add a timeout to the wait and have it jump somewhere else. We stymie that by having the label that is jumped to turn on an output to trigger a red light, pause the program, and just have it jump back to itself so if they restart they are stuck in a loop. Savvy operators could still go up to the line it failed at and restart, but they'd have to know where to go.

• I'm not sure if there is a way to prevent that systematically.

Even if you prevent fwd/bwd they can still press the up down arrows to put the cursor on a different line.

I say either lock the TP in a box, or monitor TP enabled in BG Logic or your PLC.

• I had that same problem and I could not find a software solution.

So I hooked up a horn on the UOP tp enabled output.

Every time when the robot is in program and they switch on the tp, there is a 130 DBa sound resonating through the whole factory.

That helped.

• Maybe remove access to the edit screen until logged in, or add several redundant checks and timeout loops with in the check program so it can be done with a single line skip

• I FOUND IT!

I'm not sure exactly which one, I will figure it out and then update this post but I just added and disabled all of the constants to the password file. One of them disables being able to answer the "start from different line prompt"

<PWD level="4" const="1" access="0"/>

There are const 1-24, I disabled access to all of them for level 4.

Does anyone have a description for each const? Otherwise I'll only be able to figure out which one affects this line skip prompt.

• <!-- Block Access to Skipping Lines of Code -->

<PWD level="0" const="24" access="0"/>

<PWD level="2" const="24" access="1"/>

<PWD level="3" const="24" access="0"/>

<PWD level="4" const="24" access="0"/>

Does anyone have a description for each const? There are 24 total, and I only know what 20 and 24 do now.

Hope this helps whoever else.

Advertising from our partners