Pausing a programme in AUT mode

• Hardware :

KRC4 8.3

KR22 R1610

Hi all ,

I Use my KUKA to 3d Print meaning I upload new programmes daily . I use, and would like to use my Robot in AUT mode not AUT external. Is there a way to pause a programme and then restart a programme with an External trigger (IO)

Thank you in advance .

:thinking_face:

• Well, one simple way would be to E-Stop the robot, then re-start. Though that's rough on the hardware and should be saved of emergencies.

Resetting $MOVE_ENABLE might be one way to achieve what you want. It depends on how you want the robot to stop and recover.

Theoretically, you could put a WAIT $IN[x] between every motion command, but that's guaranteed to make the program very bulky, tripling line count (once you add in the CONTINUE command needed to avoid breaking the Advance Run Pointer).

Or there are multiple posts in the forum archives about "pausing" the robot by manipulating $OV_PRO or $OV_APPL, which would slow the robot down to 0 speed but keep it "running".

• Is there a way to pause a programme and then restart a programme with an External trigger (IO).

if you pause program, you probably want to resume running from the same point, rather than restarting it.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank you all !

can you please confirm where I would put the above ? SPS ?

• HI all , I'm still trying to make this work , i have changed this a little to match my IOs

I get some error:

10:50:19 AM Unexpected character '=' found.

10:50:19 AM The BRAKE statement is only allowed in interrupt programs.

I welcome some advice thanks

Advertising from our partners