ExecEngine function

• Hello everyone,

I have ABB robot IRB 2600 ID - 8/2.00, who have been already installed and programmed by other company. Because of bad solution and placement of robot it needed to be replaced. After replacement all the wiring and setup process has been done correctly and now i have problem with executing in automatic mode. I assume that it checks predefined conditions and some of it dont allow program to "move on" . Main question is how can i be able to see which conditions must be met before executing program. In main i have trapconnect and executeengine function. How can i see all hooks and events that are defined in execengine?

• That function isn't built-in, so you'll have to find where it is declared and find where the program pointer is getting caught. Have you also tried running the program in manual to see if anything changes? Or, is the program that is currently loaded still the one from the previous company? Maybe there is something that they were looking for that is no longer present after the robot was changed. If you upload the program or just the section that is the problem it will help others try to help as well.

• That is most likely a part of Production Manager robotware option. I knew it seemed familiar, but I have not ever used it, this is from the manual:

ExecEngine is the Production Manager Execution Engine instruction. The

instruction takes no arguments and has no-step-in behavior. The user calls this

routine from his main routine in each motion task. Typically the user-defined main

routine should have a procedure call to ExecEngine and nothing else.

The ExecEngine routine contains a simple while-loop that monitors the Execution

Engine I/O interface for orders specified by the Production Manager GUI or other

Advertising from our partners