RM2 750 Positioner shifting

• Positioner is less than year old, ( 8 months/Production life) connected with YRC 1000. When heavy load is clamped in and rolled into robot side to be welded the secondary positioner rolls about 180* just recently started noticing about a 1” shift. Gap moves even farther when the Jig is in that position for prolonged period. Could the weight be too much for the servos to handle? Faulty gears/bearings? Other robots in shop have some play but are over 10 years old. Weight is approx. 200 lbs.

• On the Rm2-750 maximum payload is over 1600 lbs. The maximum unbalanced load is over 500 lbs.

How much do the fixtures weight?

Is the 200 lbs the weight of the fixture and the parts loaded?

If underweight the servos should be able to hold it, especially how new to system is.

Less than a year old should still be under warranty. I'd have Yaskawa out to look at it as long as it is not overweighted.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• I’m not sure the exact weight but the product being welded is definitely over 200, add in the 10 ft steel jig with massive counterweights, all kinds of other metal fixtures wouldn’t surprise me if it’s overweighted. Thank you for your help! Looks like we’re gonna either have to get a more appropriate servo for the load size or change some stuff around.

Advertising from our partners