Robotic System Sanity Check

• do you mind explaining the architecture or actual goal behind this?

it appears that you plan on using small non-safety PLC to collect diagnostics data from several small safety controllers (Banner SC10-2ROE) and then passing this data to Node Red over Modbus/TCP.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Yes, I was under the impression that safety signals can not be sent over ethernet but I also want to be able to monitor all systems remotely. So, my thought was that I could use the Banner SC10-2ROE for necessary safety inputs (EStop, Doors, etc) and then send relevant data to a Siemens PLC. The Siemens PLC can then pass data to/from other Banner PLCs and be connected to a Node-Red service for purely monitoring purposes.

The goal I guess would be to pass coords from vision to the robot and signal conveyor movement based on vision as well. Generally, its function is a pick-and-place routine with a couple of extra steps.

• So your suggesting skip the banner PLC's and only use a single s1200f? Would it be capable of handling ALL the aforementioned functions?

• As panic mode said, use one safety plc. Then you are flexible, safe and probably cheaper. Never have seen such a complicated design. Exeption would be if all the different components will be independend and programmed by different suppliers.

Advertising from our partners