Buttoms maping

• Hi,

I am new in Fanuc robots so i do not know if it is even possible but, i have to map reset and start buttoms to some DI signals so that operator could reset failures and press start from PLC. Is it even possible? If yes how can i do that? My controller is "R-30iB Plus". I will be grad for help

• I guess that you are talking to a PLC. Connect those buttons to a PLC and the PLC to the DI signals. The DI signals they have to be mapped to the UI signals

I`ve connected PLC to DO/DI signals but how can i connect these buttoms to a PLC or anything else

• Do you have your ip setup ?

You need to configure your di/do to talk to the plc ?

Did you enable you ethernet ?

Do you have any of that ? Do you have rack 89 configured ?

You should search the forum a bit for rack 89 and see pictures and setup

You are going to need it to talk to your PLC

Once you figured 89 in you di/do you need to do similar config to your UI/UO

Retired but still helping

• Id did IP steup. I configured DI/DO with PLC it works fine. I did eneble Ethernet, I configured rack 89. The only thing that i do not know how to do is how to connect Reset and Start buttom to anything

• I`ve connected PLC to DO/DI signals but how can i connect these buttoms to a PLC or anything else

Which buttons?

What do you mean by 'anything else'?

Do you have some buttons on a HMI of the PLC, do you have some hardware buttons at a user panel, or do you want to use the start/reset buttons on the fanuc panel?

Normal way is to use buttons on hmi of plc or hardware buttons connected to the PLC, how this is done: ask in PLC forum, or learn it in some classes.

You already have connected PLC to the robot with Ethernet!? You can use UOP signals for controlling the robot. Go to the UOP signal page and configure them to use Ethernet ip (rack 89).

Write a plc program that controls the uio signals as described in the fanuc user manual depending on the buttons that are connected to the PLC.

• Just map the ui to rack 89. The picture gives you and idea

With this if you turn on DI6 you will turn ON UI6

By the way. I'm just giving you simple instructions (ideas). You going to have to setup many other things like for example if you want to use the UI you also going to need to go to SYTEM ,CONFIG and Enable the UI.

Retired but still helping

• Ok it helped much. I`ve connected UI to DI. I did enable UI in System>Config. I`m geting signals: Enable, reset, start but now i`m getting error SRVO-037. I was thinking that it is about enable signal but it did not help. Can one of you tell me what i have to do to deal with this error?

• Check the UI signal "IMSTP". It has to be TRUE in order to start the robot.

Ok now i moved a few steps forward. Now i`m getting *IMSTP, Hold (to unhold robot), Enable and start (and reset when is needed). I do not have any Foults or alarms, Hold do not light but robot do not start. The only thing that robot saying is "SYST-011 failed to run task" and "SYST-009 Safety Fence open". What i have to do to deal with that. I tried to add *SFSPD signal but it did not help

• Automatic mode is only allowed when safety fence is closed, if you don't have safety bus system you need to wire safety fence to safety board in robot cabinet.

I have safety system, robot works fine in auto mode when i press start on robot box, this alarms shows only when i try to run him by UI

• Please post a screenshot when SYST-011 is active. Is there any other error or message displayed, e.g. PROG-023 or something like this? Which program select mode (MENU > SETUP > Prog Select) do you use?

Check this blog post. It might be helpful for you to understand the basics of starting a FANUC robot in auto mode.

• Please post a screenshot when SYST-011 is active. Is there any other error or message displayed, e.g. PROG-023 or something like this? Which program select mode (MENU > SETUP > Prog Select) do you use?

Check this blog post. It might be helpful for you to understand the basics of starting a FANUC robot in auto mode.

It is after pressing reset and start from UI

Advertising from our partners