Too many zones, process time factor

• Hi, hope anyone can help me, I was doing the offline for one robot we have here on site, everything good until I get to the point where I have to load the DCS, when trying to apply shows a message saying that there are too many zones or models. I know that there is a max time amount of 1000 that can not be exceeded, but for some reason on my simulation that time shows at 845, but when I load it to the robot it shows a different number, 1244. I tried reducing the areas but still that number does not decrease.

• What kind of zones? I'm no expert on this, but IIRC "box" models are really bad for this, so most people use Spheres or 2-point user models.

on my simulation that time shows at 845, but when I load it to the robot it shows a different number, 1244.

No idea why that would happen, but I find RoboGuide to always be a bit... flaky on certain details, compared to real-world robots.

I tried reducing the areas but still that number does not decrease.

Reduce how? I'm not sure reducing size helps with this issue. Deleting zones, or swapping boxes for spheres/lozenges, would be the first thing I'd try.

• I guess you are using a safety network, for example Ethernet/IP CIP Safety. This will add 400 to the process time factor. Maybe this is not taken into account in the offline world.

• I guess you are using a safety network, for example Ethernet/IP CIP Safety. This will add 400 to the process time factor. Maybe this is not taken into account in the offline world.

You are right, we are using CIP Safety and never thought about that extra time added.

Advertising from our partners