Help with Keyence scanner for speed limit/contact stop.

• Hello,

Long time watcher, first time user.

I am attempting to hook up and configure a Keyence SZ-V. This is paired with a new CRX 10iA/L. We currently have 6 of these robots, but this is the only one needing a safety scanner.

I want to have 1 zone (I am not opposed to 2 zones), where the robot will slow down to 0 mm/s. When the scanner is unobstructed, I want contact force disabled, and a speed of 500 mm/s. When the SPI[1] and DI101 are dropped, the contact force is enabled, and the speed limit is set to zero.

Here is where I am at:

Objective: Using the scanner, we need to limit the speed limit to zero (or close) when a person enters the scanner area.

Where we are at now :

1) We have the scanner wired into SPI[1] and SPI[2]. These are currently active. We also have an auxiliary output form the Keyence scanner wired into DI101.

2) When the scanner is not obstructed, SPI[1] and SPI[2] are active. Same with DI101.

3)When the scanner is obstructed, SPI[1] and SPI[2] are not active. Same with DI101.

4)We went into the initial “COLLABO SPEED SETUP” and set the speed to 1000 mm/sec max. We also set the robot to high speed mode, and set the “AREA” 1 to SPI[1], and area 2 with DI101.

5)We went into the “COLLABO ROBOT SET-UP” and set the max speed with contact force enabled to 0 mm/sec.

6) We went into the DCS and set the speed limit to 500 mm/sec with a disabling input of DI101

7) We went into the external force limit and set a disabling input of SIR[1]. We did this by using Safe IO connect and linking to SPI[1] and SPI[2], creating SIR[1].

Our hopes were to have the robot run at 500 mm/sec and contact stop disabled when the scanner was not obstructed. When the scanner is obstructed, Contact stop is not disabled and the speed is lowered to 0 mm/s.

We are unsure if this is a problem, or some additional setting. We also get a SYST-323 when trying to run a simple program to see if our settings are working.

Please let me know what additional info I can give.

Thank You!!!

Advertising from our partners