sps.sub user PLC section

• The working code for analogical robot speed control in Automatic Mode with an external potentiometer ( analogical input), to be added in sps.sub is fallowing :

;FOLD USER DECL

;please insert user defined declarations

DECL REAL nPLCSpeed

SIGNAL iPLCSpeed $ANIN[1] ; robot speed control from external potentiometer

;ENDFOLD (USER DECL)

;ENDFOLD (DECLARATIONS)

LOOP

WAIT FOR NOT($POWER_FAIL)

TORQUE_MONITORING()

;FOLD USER PLC

;Make your modifications here

IF $AUT THEN : only apply PLC speed in Automatic Mode

nPLCSpeed = iPLCSpeed ; transcribe input byte to integer

IF nPLCSpeed<0 THEN

nPLCSpeed=0 ; avoid negative values

ENDIF

IF nPLCSpeed>0 THEN

nPLCSpeed=100 ; OV_PRO only accepts integers between 0 and 100

ENDIF

$OV_PRO=100.0*$ANIN[1] ; write speed to $OV_PRO

ENDIF

ENDLOOP

Note that underlined code line will give you when edit in WV a warning message that should be ignored not supressed with ;

The message is:

"When using a value of type 'REAL' for a parameter of type 'INT' some values may not be initialized correctly"

If you supress the message, just to have a clean syntax in Work Visual, will not function.

Important is to have no error, warnings are just warnings, do not block.

I also awarn that use of potentiometer in robot speed control should be done by end user with maximum attention, because is very easy to hit the button and instead 10% suddenly to reach 100%.

Is more safe digital control with +/- from smartpad or external digital button if needed.

Thank you Skyfire,PanicMode,Herman for your sugestions that lead me to solve this request.

• Just some remarks on your code. So you can write following code and have the same behaviour:

• Yes nPLCSspeed is declared as real, if try to define as integer , iPLCSpeed becomes red, not accepted.

Your code simplified I think is better since potentiometer is 0-10V, and couldn't give for nPLCSpeed negative values or higher than 100.

I will try it, if works will be adopted.

Thank you !

• Therefore, still testing today robot behaviour, Submit Works fine, do not stop anymore.

Running a simple src programm, in T1 os ok, in AUT is ok too a while, Robot Speed can be setted from potentiometer, but appear an error and stop, not in the same line , randomly saying

"OVM invalid value"

originator R1/nonname.src....my testing program

I think it happen when I try to vary robot speed while running.

When fix a speed from potentiometer and run in auto keeping it unchanged, run all program ok.

Maybe I am wrong, but what about refer OVM value?

It is linked by OV_PRO?

I don't think is a problem with the program since in T1 is running well.

• I found some line reffering to OVM in tm bib.src

I think is linked by OV_PRO when torque monitor.

Or collision detection.

Vary on OV_PRO from potentiometer while runing, change torque values and maybe robot could interpret this as a collision and stop movement.

Should I deactivate collision detection?

Advertising from our partners