KUKA UDP Communication

• Hi,

I am trying to send and receive packets from my PC using Ethernet KRL. I have been using TCP to do this but want to change to UDP connection. I have modified my XML file but not able to establish a connection with my controller.

Please advise on what could be the issue

Regards

• info your posts is insufficient to replicate the issue so any response is going to be a wild guess.

are you sure the IP address is correct? what was the configuration like, when you used TCP protocol?

if TCP was working, what was the reason to change to UDP? configuration shows that external node is a client. that means robot is acting as a server. client can only make connection if server is actually running.

is it running? in what interpreter? why is there 10ms ping for alive signal? IPO time is 12ms so every PING will fail. this means that if you are using ALIVE in your program to check for lost connection, it will keep closing any connection automatically. did you add means to monitor how many times this happens (add counter for example).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• info your posts is insufficient to replicate the issue so any response is going to be a wild guess.

are you sure the IP address is correct? what was the configuration like, when you used TCP protocol?

if TCP was working, what was the reason to change to UDP? configuration shows that external node is a client. that means robot is acting as a server. client can only make connection if server is actually running.

is it running? in what interpreter? why is there 10ms ping for alive signal? IPO time is 12ms so every PING will fail. this means that if you are using ALIVE in your program to check for lost connection, it will keep closing any connection automatically. did you add means to monitor how many times this happens (add counter for example).

- My PC is on IP: 192.168.0.150 and my robot is on 192.168.0.100

- When I was using TCP, the protocol in the XML was "TCP"

- The current project that I am working on does not work suitably with TCP

I want to change my connection type and basically don't know where to start from and what to do.

• What exactly does this mean?

Think that changing to UDP will make things even worse.

I don't want to establish a handshake every time I have to run the program. Every time I run my PC application, I have to restart my robot program and wait for the handshake to be established

Advertising from our partners