RobotStudio. Failed to install virtual controller.

• Hello everyone,

I have a problem with creating virtual controller in RobotStudio. Error message in attachment. I tried this with three RobotStudio versions (2021.2, 2022.2.1, 2022.3.1) and on two different computers. It doesn't metter if I try with new system or with buckup - the problem is the same. I've made complete installation of RobotStudio few times.

Any help would be great. Thank You in advance.

• Details matter on this cases.

Are You trying to install it from Add Ins tab, or downloading the .rspak files and installing them locally?

And what is the Windows version You are using?

I have 2022.3.1 running on a machine here, with Windows 10, and for now, it is running fine, installing controllers from Add Ins, tab or as .rspak files.

• I have the same problem

I've tried both through the Add Ins window and by downloading the .rspak file. The both sollution didn't work.

I work on Windows 10 PRO system.

Somebody have a idea about solution this problem? Thanks in advance for answer.

• In this facility a large number of problems occurred (especially with RS!) after, without any announcement, the IS team presumably ran a script which moved all kinds of files, and many Windows registry entries, off of local machines and moved them to MS OneDrive ( :face_with_rolling_eyes: ).

To obtain any degree of success with virtual systems I've had to move files to a local PC location that does not get older files deleted as well is shielded from OneDrive activities.

• Does the username of your windows user contain any special characters? (For Swedish folks it could be ”åäö” for example)

Yes, my username contains special characters, but that shouldn't be a problem. A friend also has the same special characters, and the program works for him.

In this facility a large number of problems occurred (especially with RS!) after, without any announcement, the IS team presumably ran a script which moved all kinds of files, and many Windows registry entries, off of local machines and moved them to MS OneDrive ( :face_with_rolling_eyes: ).

To obtain any degree of success with virtual systems I've had to move files to a local PC location that does not get older files deleted as well is shielded from OneDrive activities.

All files are on my local drive. :thinking_face:

Advertising from our partners