ROS Industrial

• Hello,

How long has Yaskawa been talking about ROS. I search for it but i don't find any sample for it. Also I did not understand where it is used.

Can any one explain about it and where it can use?

Do you have sample for use it in projects?

• As far I can tell, Yaskawa was one of the first major brands to jump in the ROS train.

You can see Yaskawa robots being shown in Southwest Institute videos dating from 10 years ago. Like this.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

About the samples and documentation, did You checked Yaskawa ROS page?

motoman - ROS Wiki

• Thank you for information.

Yes i see this site but i don't understand in which projects can use it and how it can help in projects, i understand use it need special knowledge of programming but they say it can help for easy working with robot.

I don't understand how it can do.

• To understand wich projects You could use ROS + Yaskawa (or any other robot type), You first need to understand the objectives of ROS itself. And they are many but, as far I can tell, the first one was: automatic path planning. Make a robot find its way through an unknown environment, using inputs brought by various types of sensors.

Beginning from there, You can also put another level of complexity, putting different robots, of different types (and even different brands), to work together.

Here are few more examples from SouthWest Institute channel.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

For now, I don't think ROS and ROS-Industrial are ready for more trivial and day-to-day shop floor use cases, and I don't think this is their objective, at least in the near future. But If You pay attention, You can se ROS being used by many of these no-code/low-code/AI startups.

Advertising from our partners